In my own little world

Chit-chat, current events
Dargo

Re: In my own little world

Post by Dargo »

And now for the epilogue to: "The Great Dargo Motorcycle Crash Story"! LOL

Here's a shot of the bike I crashed on and after fixing it up these past few weeks. Hey, I had time to do it and considering there was no tennis for me during the time, right?!

Had to replace the crushed headlight assembly, the dented-in chrome Triumph gas tank badge which thankfully saved the gas tank from being dented (HATE dents in tanks), replaced the left rear turn indicator, and touched-up a bit of the paint on the front fender. It seems those folding "freeway pegs" you see sitting down at the lower turn of the exhaust headers saved that side of the bike from getting all scratched up.

(...can't even tell this baby of mine went through any trauma, can ya)
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

Based on the little red Tic Tac car of yours, Dargo doesn’t like being surrounded.
If you were out here in California, it might be raining on the old tennis court.
Both of the little Hondas my brother and I had, the petrol was under our bums.
My brother had a Honda 200 that decided one day to catch fire while it was idling.
Like red Dargo?
The backside of the other bike looks a bit like a HOG. Say it isn’t so, Indian man.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

jimimac71 wrote: November 15th, 2023, 2:26 pm Based on the little red Tic Tac car of yours, Dargo doesn’t like being surrounded.
Yep, Jimimac. It's open-air motoring for me as much as possible, alright. (...might as well take advantage of the CA/AZ sunshine and nice weather, I've always said)
jimimac71 wrote: November 15th, 2023, 2:26 pm If you were out here in California, it might be raining on the old tennis court.
Yep, according to L.A.'s weather forecast, it looks as if my wife and I are going to hit some of it while we'll be in our old stompin' grounds in order to attend the L.A. Auto Show this weekend. (...a last minute idea she conjured up just yesterday)
jimimac71 wrote: November 15th, 2023, 2:26 pm Both of the little Hondas my brother and I had, the petrol was under our bums.
My brother had a Honda 200 that decided one day to catch fire while it was idling.
Funny, I didn't know that Honda ever used Lucas electrical components?! LOL ;)
jimimac71 wrote: November 15th, 2023, 2:26 pm Like red Dargo?
Yep, it appears so, doesn't it. However, I have told myself that IF I ever buy another bike, it definitely isn't going to be a red one. (I've always kind'a liked blue ones too)
jimimac71 wrote: November 15th, 2023, 2:26 pm The backside of the other bike looks a bit like a HOG. Say it isn’t so, Indian man.
Nope, that's the tail end of my Indian Springfield. (...notice how the saddlebags are more swept back and flowing than H-D's are)
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

Wow, you're good at that multi-quote thing Dargo.
I looked up the Indian Springfield and found many a red one.
Looks like AZ is one of the friendlies states for one of these:
Red of course.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

jimimac71 wrote: November 15th, 2023, 4:53 pm Wow, you're good at that multi-quote thing Dargo.
I looked up the Indian Springfield and found many a red one.
Looks like AZ is one of the friendlies states for one of these:
Red of course.
Oh yeah! Those old Honda three-wheeler ATVs.

Ya know, Honda ceased producing them after the NTSB found there had been a spike in roll-ever accidents and injuries with 'em and then banned their sell sometime in the late-'80s.

(...only rode one once and remember slightly running over my foot with one of the rear wheels and after putting my feet on the ground for no good reason...you didn't have to balance these at a stop, ya know)
Masha

Post by Masha »

TikiSoo wrote: November 15th, 2023, 6:19 am
Masha wrote: November 14th, 2023, 11:34 am I am sorry to have to tell you that I must disagree strongly with your statement: "I'm an old fart now!". I believe that I am one year younger than you. I am at the first stage of being a senior citizen and will not approach 'old fartdom' for a few decades.
Really? When reading your posts, my imagination sees/hears the Russian gal who owns Luma the Pantera:
[...]
I believe that is a perfectly natural mistake. You are subconsciously assuming that my obvious immaturity indicates physical youth. It is also that our first contact at: TCM forum was at a time when most of my writing was on a par with a backwards third-grader.
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Masha

Post by Masha »

TikiSoo wrote: November 15th, 2023, 6:19 am [...]

Buy the tools. You'll always have them on hand for the next "emergency".
Ixnay on talk of oolstay! Among my little Fuzzy's hobbies are woodworking and cabinetmaking. He is quite content to buy a cheap Harbor-Freight-quality tool if he does not foresee a recurring need. The quality and expense rise rapidly as he finds a tool more useful than anticipated and replaces it with quality.

He is at the moment looking longingly at: Mirka 1.25 Inch Angled Sander. It is a battery-operated detail sander. It is: $829! The only thing stopping him from purchasing it is that he has no projects at this moment or planner in the near future wherein it might be useful.
Masha

Post by Masha »

Dargo wrote: November 15th, 2023, 11:07 am The hand feels very good this morning. And, maybe even a little better than it did before I picked up my racquet and started hitting with it yesterday.
That is very good news! It is what I wished but I did fear a far worse outcome.
Masha

Post by Masha »

Dargo wrote: November 15th, 2023, 11:07 am
[...] my mental health has benefited from it as well.
You have mental health? Who'd've thunk it?
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

Masha wrote: November 15th, 2023, 7:57 pm
Dargo wrote: November 15th, 2023, 11:07 am
[...] my mental health has benefited from it as well.
You have mental health? Who'd've thunk it?
Oxymoron?
I should talk.
My elevator makes frequent stops on the way to the top.
Kind of like the elevator in Thoroughly Modern Millie.
Gotta dance or it won't go up.
dianedebuda

Post by dianedebuda »

Masha wrote: November 15th, 2023, 7:49 pmThe only thing stopping him from purchasing it is that he has no projects at this moment or planner in the near future wherein it might be useful.
Ah, I've been known to create a project to justify the purchase of a cool tool...
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

dianedebuda wrote: November 16th, 2023, 12:53 pm
Masha wrote: November 15th, 2023, 7:49 pmThe only thing stopping him from purchasing it is that he has no projects at this moment or planner in the near future wherein it might be useful.
Ah, I've been known to create a project to justify the purchase of a cool tool...
Well, everyone should have a pallet jack.
dianedebuda

Post by dianedebuda »

jimimac71 wrote: November 16th, 2023, 6:36 pmWell, everyone should have a pallet jack.
Don't have a pallet jack, but do have forks on my tractor. Does that count?
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

dianedebuda wrote: November 16th, 2023, 8:03 pm
jimimac71 wrote: November 16th, 2023, 6:36 pmWell, everyone should have a pallet jack.
Don't have a pallet jack, but do have forks on my tractor. Does that count?
A photograph could be more convincing.
(Curiosity killed the cat, right?)
You are talking like a fork lift, yes?
Yes, it counts and you don't need to ask me either.
Are you a farmer?
Now I really want pictures. :smiley_cheer:
dianedebuda

Post by dianedebuda »

jimimac71 wrote: November 16th, 2023, 9:16 pmAre you a farmer? Now I really want pictures. :smiley_cheer:
No, I'm not a farmer, just a retired programmer. I have a Deere compact tractor, not a big boy like the farmers use. Right now I have the bucket on the front end, so maybe I'll take a pic and start a new thread the next time I put the forks on. This is Masha's thread and it wouldn't be right to stray too far from her world.