Songs in Horror Films

EP Millstone

Re: Songs in Horror Films

Post by EP Millstone »

LawrenceA wrote: February 16th, 2023, 1:54 pm How about the Del-Aires and "Wigglin' Wobblin'" from The Horror of Party Beach:
My favorite song in The Horror of Party Beach is "The Zombie Stomp."

"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Furore, wailed by Adriano Celentano, can be heard in the Italian version of The Girl Who Knew Too Much (née La Ragazza che Sapeva Troppo).

Swithin

Post by Swithin »

One of the more bizarre songs in any horror film is "I Lift Up My Finger and I Say Tweet Tweet...," sung by Arthur Lucan as Old Mother Riley in Mother Riley Meets the Vampire. Hattie Jacques and Dandy Nichols provide back up.

EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

An Emerald Classic!

Composed by Burt Bacharach (and Mack David)!

EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

I'm not really a fan of Rob Zombie's movies. But, his use of Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd for the finale of The Devil's Rejects greatly impressed me. The synchronization of the intensifying pace of the scene with the accelerating tempo of the song -- which thrillingly kicks the action into high gear as the Rejects defiantly, suicidally, and fatalistically charge the police roadblock -- I find exhilarating.

WARNING: In the accompanying clip, there will be blood!

Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

Swithin, oh my gosh how could I have forgotten that song to the landlord in MOTHER RILEY? Can't get any more British than that, lol. I love it!

I also didn't remember "Cherry Ripe" from CURSE OF THE DEMON. Drat I must be getting old(er).

Henry Daniell mentions the name of the street-singer's song in THE BODY SNATCHER but I can't recall it.
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

The performance of "The D'Ampton Worm Song" in The Lair of the White Worm (1988) is one of the great scenes in one of Ken Russell's best films.

EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Hadn't seen this film in yonks, but remember the excellent song -- "Dance Kalinda." Just discovered that the film is on YouTube. "Dance Kalinda," shows up at the 24:30 point. Another good song, "To Market," shows up at the 42:30 point.

EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Swithin wrote: February 20th, 2023, 11:45 pm Hadn't seen this film in yonks, but remember the excellent song -- "Dance Kalinda." Just discovered that the film is on YouTube. "Dance Kalinda," shows up at the 24:30 point. Another good song, "To Market," shows up at the 42:30 point.
Thanks for posting that clip! Too bad it isn't the European version in which June "The Bosom" Wilkinson's "main attractions" are shown.

According to the Internet Movie Database, there is also a third song, "Paya What You Can," in addition to the two songs you highlighted. I skimmed through the YouTube-Something Weird Video clip, but did not hear it.

Macumba Love was actor Douglas Fowley's only directorial achievement. To me (based on the little of it that I've watched), it perfectly fits within the Exotica trend and style.
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

EP Millstone wrote: February 21st, 2023, 4:18 pm
Swithin wrote: February 20th, 2023, 11:45 pm
Thanks for posting that clip! Too bad it isn't the European version in which June "The Bosom" Wilkinson's "main attractions" are shown.
I think they show up toward the end of the trailer, in the swimming scene with William Wellman Jr., around the 1:50 mark:

Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Voodoo Woman (1957) features the song "Black Voodoo" at the 11:50 point in the film:

EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Swithin wrote: February 21st, 2023, 9:26 pm Voodoo Woman (1957) features the song "Black Voodoo" at the 11:50 point in the film:
For some odd reason, the YouTube clip that you linked to can only be played on YouTube (don't you just hate when that happens!)

Post script: I see you fixed the problem, Swithin!

Here's an alternative clip anyway, set to the precise moment when "Black Voodoo: begins:

Swithin

Post by Swithin »

EP Millstone wrote: February 21st, 2023, 9:34 pm
Swithin wrote: February 21st, 2023, 9:26 pm Voodoo Woman (1957) features the song "Black Voodoo" at the 11:50 point in the film:
For some odd reason, the YouTube clip that you linked to can only be played on YouTube (don't you just hate when that happens!)

Post script: I see you fixed the problem, Swithin!

Here's an alternative clip anyway, set to the precise moment when "Black Voodoo: begins:

Thanks, I had noticed that and swapped it, but the one you provided is much more convenient. Voodoo Woman is a crazy film. Nipkow hates it -- he does NOT like that lady from Pittsburgh -- played by Marla English -- at all; but courtesy of Tom Conway, she turns in to this lovely lass:

Last edited by Swithin on February 21st, 2023, 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Deleted duplicate