What's It Like Facing the World As a Man?

Chit-chat, current events
Dargo

Re: What's It Like Facing the World As a Man?

Post by Dargo »

So Sepia, I see YOU'RE the one who has decided to tangle with our resident bringer of good cheer today, EH?!

(...well, good luck then...my turn was yesterday as you might have seen)

LOL
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

I already gave my motive. It's something I came across that was interesting to me.

The end.
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

Sepiatone wrote: June 17th, 2023, 12:10 pm Just like transgender people(I usually consider "transgender" as referring to those who went through the strident surgical transition from one gender to another) should have realized it before ever going through it all. As one person I saw some years back on a talk show who went from being a man to a woman said,"If I was smart I would have spent a year or two practicing to walk in heels before I had this done." :lol:
I'm sure that person was joking around for a laugh, but to be clear (I know a trans person in real life) in case anyone might think otherwise due to this post they all live as the other sex for a very long time before any surgeries are done. It's actually mandatory or they won't be getting it done.
jamesjazzguitar

Post by jamesjazzguitar »

Lomm wrote: June 19th, 2023, 7:00 am
Sepiatone wrote: June 17th, 2023, 12:10 pm Just like transgender people(I usually consider "transgender" as referring to those who went through the strident surgical transition from one gender to another) should have realized it before ever going through it all. As one person I saw some years back on a talk show who went from being a man to a woman said,"If I was smart I would have spent a year or two practicing to walk in heels before I had this done." :lol:
I'm sure that person was joking around for a laugh, but to be clear (I know a trans person in real life) in case anyone might think otherwise due to this post they all live as the other sex for a very long time before any surgeries are done. It's actually mandatory or they won't be getting it done.
It is impossible to live as the other sex unless one is sexist. No one and thus no gender, should feel the need to conform to dated, sexist, stereotypes.

I'm curious in 5 examples of how one 'lives as a woman'? Baking in a dress and high heels?
Last edited by jamesjazzguitar on June 19th, 2023, 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jamesjazzguitar

duplicate
Last edited by jamesjazzguitar on June 19th, 2023, 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sepiatone

Post by Sepiatone »

Intrepid37 wrote: June 13th, 2023, 11:36 am
OK, So here's the OP. So where did you hide that motive of which you claim?

Sepiatone
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

jamesjazzguitar wrote: June 19th, 2023, 11:21 am
It is impossible to live as the other sex unless one is sexist. No one and thus no gender, should feel the need to conform to dated, sexist, stereotypes.

I'm curious in 5 examples of how one 'lives as a woman'? Baking in a dress and high heels?
Are you joking ? I'm sure you know what I meant. A person has to live and interact with the world in the traditional garb/behaviors of the gender that they are transitioning to. It's not "sexist", and applies equally to someone transitioning female to male. You (not you, literally) must present to the world as that gender, and demonstrate that you're comfortable with it, and that it's not just a "phase". There are psychological tests as well all along. Nobody just wakes up one day, throws on a pair of heels, and goes to get sexual reassignment surgery. :lol:
Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

Sepiatone wrote: June 18th, 2023, 10:46 am ...
Get bent, eh? Well, I'd tell you to go to Hell, but it's bad enough down there already without you making it worse. :smiley_oneglass:
Sepiatone
Sepiatone, I know you're a real person and a good guy.
Such behavior as auto-insults is accurately defined as by a TROLL. It's just bait for arguing. Don't feed the troll.
jamesjazzguitar

Lomm wrote: June 19th, 2023, 2:25 pm
jamesjazzguitar wrote: June 19th, 2023, 11:21 am

Are you joking ? I'm sure you know what I meant. A person has to live and interact with the world in the traditional garb/behaviors of the gender that they are transitioning to. It's not "sexist", and applies equally to someone transitioning female to male. You (not you, literally) must present to the world as that gender, and demonstrate that you're comfortable with it, and that it's not just a "phase". There are psychological tests as well all along. Nobody just wakes up one day, throws on a pair of heels, and goes to get sexual reassignment surgery. :lol:
I wasn't joking and I was aware of what you meant. You're just repeating what is the common misguided POV.

E.g. Look at this statement: "traditional garb/behaviors of the gender".

The dated, and sexist traditional garb/behaviors of the gender. The fact that the term 'traditional' is used makes my point that the POV is regressive and clearly not progressive. People need to wake up to the new reality: these "traditional garb/behaviors of the gender", don't need to apply. They are useless social constructs that one does NOT have to live by. Now if they choose to live by them, that is a different story, but the language you use implies people have no options, E.g., you use terms like "must" and "have to" and "that gender" (as if women were born with DNA that requires them to wear heels). Sorry just not true for those with a mind of their own.

Note that such social constructs apply to men as well; E.g. real men don't cry.

PS: Related to the studio-era; Katherine Hepburn would get what I'm saying. (as well as understanding that I'm not attacking or mocking those that struggle with gender identity in an ever progressing society ).
Last edited by jamesjazzguitar on June 19th, 2023, 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

OK, I agree with what you're saying about gender for the most part. However you must know that what I'm saying is true, regardless of the terminology that is being used. One needs to "pass" in the world as the other gender and also meet the psychological requirements of identifying as that gender, in order to get the surgery. It doesn't matter if they wear heels or Converse All-Stars. However you want to describe it, one doesn't just go in and have sexual reassignment surgery on a whim.
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Sepiatone wrote: June 19th, 2023, 11:33 am So where did you hide that motive of which you claim?
Page 4, 11th from the top.
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

Allhallowsday wrote: June 19th, 2023, 2:38 pm
Sepiatone wrote: June 18th, 2023, 10:46 am ...
Get bent, eh? Well, I'd tell you to go to Hell, but it's bad enough down there already without you making it worse. :smiley_oneglass:
Sepiatone
Sepiatone, I know you're a real person and a good guy.
Such behavior as auto-insults is accurately defined as by a TROLL. It's just bait for arguing. Don't feed the troll.
Can this and other threads not devolve into name calling and insults? I don't feel that the other poster is a troll, but I do feel that the conversation is getting too snippy far too rapidly. It's a trend I'd like to see stop. We aren't just postage stamps on a screen. Try to remember there is a real person you're talking to. Based on your posts in other threads here (both of you) I don't think either of you would speak to the other like that in person, or get so worked up so quickly. Play nice. Thanks.
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

I'm not the least worked up.

Nor am I a "troll". Just another member who has his own interests, his own opinions and his own feelings about stuff.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Lomm wrote: June 19th, 2023, 4:41 pm
...I don't think either of you would speak to the other like that in person, or get so worked up so quickly. Play nice. Thanks.
No offense here Lomm, but I've always thought using this example for and as some sort of "guideline" to elicit proper and courteous online behavior as being a rather weak one.

Ya see, at no time do I ever recall replying to anyone who will begin throwing rude comments MY way with a reply that I would NOT otherwise have said directly TO them and even IF the two of us were or had been standing face-to-face at the time.

(...but then again of course, THIS could be the very reason why I would've made a very poor applicant for a job in our country's Diplomatic Corps) ;)

LOL
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Yeah. It's called being real. I speak online exactly as I'd speak in person. Well, maybe not quite as well - in person doesn't afford the same second-thought process that writing does.