TCM’s “Century of Animation Showcase” 2023

ziggy6708a

Post by ziggy6708a »

September 28, 2023
posted by Tommy Stathes

For this long-awaited return to Cartoon Research, I have to thank Steve Stanchfield who has generously handed over his usual “Thunderbean Thursday” slot. Behind the scenes here at Cartoons On Film headquarters, the gears of early animation archiving and restoration have been steadily (and quietly) turning for the better part of the year. I’m looking forward to sharing many exciting new silent animation restoration-related developments with Cartoon Research readers over the coming months.

The first thing I’d like you all to know about is a very special Turner Classic Movies broadcast, taking place less than a day away from this posting. My sincerest apologies for not giving readers more advance notice about the following programs..........
Tomorrow (9-29), Friday morning, at 6am and 7am Eastern, TCM is airing two blocks of newly restored silent cartoons—all coming exclusively from me and my teammates at Cartoons On Film. The shows are, respectively, Century of Animation Showcase: 1923—a look into animated shorts from a hundred years ago—and Walt’s Early Wonderlands, a showcase of Walt’s and Ub Iwerks’ efforts predating a certain famous cartoon mouse. For those of you who get TCM, but won’t be up that early in the morning to catch the live broadcasts, I certainly hope you can DVR the shows for primetime enjoyment. (As for me… sleep, what’s that?)

Both programs will feature hosted introductions with two of Cartoon Research’s most esteemed contributors. Jerry Beck will speak to viewers about the 1923 showcase, and J.B. Kaufman will most appropriately be doing the same for the Walt program. .......

See all: https://cartoonresearch.com/index.php/t ... case-2023/

:smiley_clap:
& thanks to ' cmovieviewer' for posting this fun & informative link
was "mr6666" @ TCM