January 2024 Schedule Posted, Robert Mitchum is SOTM

Discussion of programming on TCM.
speedracer5

Re: January 2024 Schedule Posted, Robert Mitchum is SOTM

Post by speedracer5 »

I like "Desire Me" too. It's kind of a weird film. It's film noir esque, and it was nice seeing Garson outside of playing the stoic, mother/wife type roles. It's been awhile since I've seen this film, but I remember liking Garson with Mitchum and I remember loving the fog scene. I disagree with Mayer, "Desire Me" is hardly MGM's worst film. I'd love to put many of MGM's incredibly saccharine musicals up on that pedestal. While MGM was known as the place with "more stars than in heaven" and prided itself on glamorous, lavish productions, MGM is probably one of my least favorite studios. Save for some of their Judy/Gene/Fred musicals and a handful of other films, I find that Warner Bros, Paramount, and RKO offer films that are a lot more up my alley.
Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/kayla622/
Reddit: kayla622
Twitter: kaylar622
Blog: Whimsicallyclassic.wordpress.com
ElCid

Re: January 2024 Schedule Posted, Robert Mitchum is SOTM

Post by ElCid »

cmovieviewer wrote: January 25th, 2024, 4:53 pm
ElCid wrote: January 25th, 2024, 3:51 pm ...
I don't believe it has or will be shown, but I've always liked Mitchum's It's A Wonderful Country. A western set in Mexico and US with comedic moments.
TCM showed The Wonderful Country (1959) early in the morning on January 10 as a continuation of Robert Mitchum westerns that began the previous evening. Sorry that you missed it. TCM does include it occasionally so it might be scheduled again at some point.
thanks, Actually it is on Tubi and I have it in my Watch List.
The car is a 1958 De Soto Fireflite Sportsman hardtop.