WHAT'S HAPPENED TO KINGRAT????

Chit-chat, current events
Hibi

WHAT'S HAPPENED TO KINGRAT????

Post by Hibi »

All of his posts have disappeared and when trying to pm him, his name doesn't come up. He's no longer listed as a member in the K section either. Why would he leave like that? He was just posting a week or so ago. Very strange. I will miss him.
Detective Jim McLeod

Re: WHAT'S HAPPENED TO KINGRAT????

Post by Detective Jim McLeod »

Hibi wrote: February 27th, 2024, 9:52 am All of his posts have disappeared and when trying to pm him, his name doesn't come up. He's no longer listed as a member in the K section either. Why would he leave like that? He was just posting a week or so ago. Very strange. I will miss him.

Yes, I wonder what happened. The same thing happened with skimpole, his posts disappeared and it says this user does not exist when you go into his profile.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Hibi wrote: February 27th, 2024, 9:52 am All of his posts have disappeared and when trying to pm him, his name doesn't come up. He's no longer listed as a member in the K section either. Why would he leave like that? He was just posting a week or so ago. Very strange. I will miss him.
Yes, this is a weird turn-of-events here alright, Hibi!

Maybe one of the mods can shed some light on this if they can. I'll miss KR too.

(...great contributor to this site, indeed)
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Detective Jim McLeod wrote: February 27th, 2024, 10:23 am

Yes, I wonder what happened. The same thing happened with skimpole, his posts disappeared and it says this user does not exist when you go into his profile.
Wow! This is REALLY gettin' weird here now! And now with skimpole--another of this site's mainstays--suddenly gone missing as well?!

This is startin' to remind me of that early Twilight Zone episode that starred Rod Taylor, Jim Hutton and Charles Aidman as the three astronauts who one by one disappear after returning to earth.

(...hope I'm not next!!!)
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

I wonder if its some technical snafu now? 2 long time posters suddenly gone missing?
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Hibi wrote: February 27th, 2024, 10:55 am I wonder if its some technical snafu now? 2 long time posters suddenly gone missing?
Gotta be, I'd say too.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Lomm to the rescue?
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Wow, I had wondered about Skimpole, since he hadn't responded to the "Spoilers" thread.

I noticed the other day that there were many posters in any given thread. Usually, down at bottom you see one or two or three, possibly a name or two, but the other day there was a large number of guests in many of the threads.

And now I see that it says "Our newest member: Skimpole." So perhaps he was deleted, and has now rejoined?
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Clicking on Nellie's name says poster does not exist.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Very strange goings on. Hope Skimpole gives us the lowdown on his situation as "new member."
jamesjazzguitar

Post by jamesjazzguitar »

I did notice an issue last night (PST), with post from Kingrat and Skimpole. I would read their last 'unread' post and then use the display unread post function and it would still show that I had NOT read those post. I logged off and back on and still had the same issue. When I would try to apply to the post I would get an SQL error screen.

I just got a SQL error going into a thread created by one of these two where I believe the last post was by one of those users.

Looks like admin was trying to fix something but made it worst.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Swithin wrote: February 27th, 2024, 12:22 pm Clicking on Nellie's name says poster does not exist.
Yes, Nellie also appears to have been given the boot. I wonder who's next? I'm starting to wonder if all of us will be "booted" out of here. With so many people having problems joining here I'm dreading getting the "boot"! I was a member from years ago, so I escaped that problem when TCM went down.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Question for the mods: If one deletes ones membership (as opposed to just not coming on the site anymore) wouldn't your old posts still exist on the site?
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

I don't believe it is possible to delete your own account.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

jimimac71 wrote: February 27th, 2024, 1:37 pm I don't believe it is possible to delete your own account.
Thanks. I wondered about that.