A Pathetic Performance

Chit-chat, current events
ken123

A Pathetic Performance

Post by ken123 »

As someone who has has watched Congressional Hearings since the Army - McCarthy days I have not witnessed a more pathetic performance than the appearance before the Senate Judicary Committee of AG Gonzalez yesterday. This regime, IMHO, hates the U.S. Constitution. :cry:
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

It's not just your humble opinion Ken, but I would add the words 'and the' between U.S. and constitution.

This regime has made its' own rules time and again. There is nothing in the constitution that gives the president all the freedoms and liberties he has taken under the guise of executive privilege. He has made laws by himself with no typical levels of examination and representation, he has gone to war with no counsel other than his own supposedly God given inspiration, and he has surrounded himself with so many yes men that we no longer know for sure, who is or is not proper governmental personages.

I've said it before, and I'm not afraid to repeat myself, more than once if necessary - this man is a loon and should have been impeached when we learned he went to war with no truthful proof that it was Iraq that attacked, and again when we learned for sure that Iraq had no weapons of mass destruction. Again with the Schiavo affair, the failure to assist in the Katrina mess and how many other times, too numerous to list here!

If God talks to him, he should go find Colonel Brady and have a three-way discussion. By the way, who DID fly into the twin towers? Has that ever been decided? I know a few guys were executed for it, but did they say anything helpful in the interim? Like where they were from and who gave the orders?

Finally, has anybody made it clear to Bubba that the Iraqis are only defending themselves at this point and trying to kick us the heck out of their country. Would we not do the same thing if someone invaded Florida or Texas? Oh, excuse me, some Mexican people are trying to infiltrate the U.S. to attempt to have a better life, as all those Europeans did before and after WWII. Pardon them for leaving several cities that were destroyed during hurricanes, tornadoes, and earthquakes. I'm not entirely crazy about, actually I resent the Mexican language being splattered all over our store fronts, and on the phone, but at least they're not coming in with uzis, and bombing the state capital of Texas.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
ken123

Post by ken123 »

In very early 2001 on C - SPAN's Book TV Gore Vidal said Bush will leave office as the most hated President in U.S. History, Mr. Vidal may be right. 8)
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi Ken,

Mr. Vidal not only may be right, he is most definitely correct.....

George W. Bush is now the worst and most hated president in history.
He has made the most utterly stupid and blundering mistakes of any man in recent times.

This is cruel, I know, but didn't the republicans know he was pickled by alcohol and his brain was lame-brained!!
Or maybe everybody did and they just are using him and Cheney actually is running the country; and running it into the ground as well as the rest of the world.....

Larry
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

Earlier today, Anne said:
"I've said it before, and I'm not afraid to repeat myself, more than once if necessary - this man is a loon and should have been impeached when we learned he went to war with no truthful proof that it was Iraq that attacked, and again when we learned for sure that Iraq had no weapons of mass destruction."

So here now is an important message to one and all from that great Canadian rock star Neil Young...

"Let's Impeach the President!"
[youtube][/youtube]
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Does that still hold true about his not attending any of the funerals? What possible reasons does he give for that failure?

That's something I wasn't aware of.

Anne
Anne

Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

Absolutely must-viewing for every American!

Keith Olbermann on MSNBC's Countdown program, July 3, 2007:
[youtube][/youtube]
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

Anne asked: "Does that still hold true about his not attending any of the funerals? What possible reasons does he give for that failure?"

That gutless little chickenhawk CEO president has yet to attend a funeral for any of our murdered troops. He offers no reasons. The time has come for America to DEMAND the impeachment and imprisonment of this worthless war criminal. NOW!

Bill Maher on impeaching Bush...
[youtube][/youtube]
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Bill is my God on the subject of Bush and Cheney. Sometimes he gets carried away, but on the whole, he says what I'm thinking.

In his most recent HBO special which aired Friday for the first time, he hit quite a few nails on the head. Some of his material was mentioned on his last weekly show, but on the whole, it was stuff that is current.

For those who are interested, I just learned there is a site regarding the impeachment of Bush and Cheney, which I am all for. It's called Impeach07(dot)org. for anyone who cares to check it out.

Anne
Anne

Moraldo Rubini

Bush Wacked

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

Unfortunately, the impeachment process takes so long, I'm afraid his tenure will be over by the time a decision would be reached. I wish the impeachment process had started long ago; now I'd hate to see congress waste the time on the process when they could be attending to cleaning up the mess that Bush has made...
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Wow: I hadn't seen the Keith Olbermann clip before, I just now watched it. All I can say is "You Go Keith!!! He was having a hard time forming his words because he was so angry - I know the feeling. What he says is too true though. That clip should be copied to every TV station and Internet site available. Like so many others, I watch the better known guys like Anderson 360, and not always Olbermann, but he is on MSNBC which has crossed the wrong line to my way of thinking a couple of times.

Anne
Anne

mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Moraldo:

The movement was started in 2004 (or something), but didn't get any backing until recently.

Anne
Anne

Moraldo Rubini

Bushed

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

mrsl wrote:The movement was started in 2004 (or something), but didn't get any backing until recently.
Yes, I think the movement was born in San Francisco; probably the day he was originally elected. Unfortunately, the impeachment process didn't start (and still hasn't). Now I fear it's too late, and it's time to look ahead to ensure one of Bush's cronies isn't elected in the next term.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Last I heard Congress' approval rating was less than 20% (less than Bush's.) They could improve that figure by just going home.

They do not seem that interested in involving itself in any impeachment process.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

Justice will come to Bush and his rabid pack of jackals with or without the assistance of Congress. The heinous crimes committed by this corrupt administration will not soon be forgotten by the American people. Trust in that.

From the 2004 documentary, HIJACKING CATASTROPHE
[youtube][/youtube]