Flicka

mrsl

Flicka

Post by mrsl »

I watched a movie today named Flicka which was loosely based on the 'My Friend Flicka' of olde. One thing that attracted me was the fact that country super star Tim McGraw was the star. Tim has been sneaking up on movies lately. He started with very small bit parts, little more than walk ons, and bit by bit built up to small speaking parts, and now to actually carrying off his role as a rancher trying to understand his daughter pretty well. Maria Bello plays his wife and besides being a gorgeous lady, should be better known than she is.

The opening credits claim to be based on the original book, but it has been updated enough to make it able to stand alone without reliance on old cliches' and plot. The main character has been updated to a high school senior girl as opposed to a pre-teen boy, and the tension between father and child over the possibility of training a wild mustang are really the only similarity. I also seem to recall Flicka being a roan and this one is a black horse.

I thought it was a good little movie - nothing to rave about, but at least something you can sit with the kids and enjoy with no fear of harming their little ids.

For those who don't know, Tim McGraw is the unacknowledged son of baseballer Tug McGraw. Tim is probably the top C&W star at the moment and has been for several years now. He is also married to one of the most beautiful women alive today - Faith Hill, another No. 1 star, and all through the credits they run photos of his little girls on their ranch, so it's quite a family thing.

The main reason I mention it is because it was such a pleasure to watch a movie that was about a loving family, loving brother and sister, parents trying to teach their kids the right thing, etc.

For those reasons, I recommend adding it to your Netflix for some quiet evening when you just want some simple entertainment.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Johnm:

I think it's a Mike Ditka thing. People in and around Chicago love Iron Mike - he'll always be THE COACH, we like Lovey but Mike is THE MAN, yet people all over the U.S. think Mike is an a-blank, blank.

Tim was never acknowledged as a kid, teen, or young man. When he became famous he went and looked Tug up, that may be when they finally formed a relationship. The info came from Tims mouth, on camera, not a recorded bio, with a narrator, and some tears were involved.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************