The FBI

Discussion of programming on TCM.
mrsl

The FBI

Post by mrsl »

I really hate to do this, have two threads running one after another in the same topic, but I had to make comment about the other night and the FBI movies. I guess after Western and generational family movies, I enjoy mystery the most. I don't care if it's murder mystery, crime, theft, or any other kind, I can get very hooked on a quest.

The movies chosen at first were all about the FBI, but after 3 or 4, they went to purely mystery almost all night long, and I sat there until I got bleary eyes, and finally hit the recorder button.

Did anyone else watch those movies?

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

I recorded all of them except G-Man (have the DVD). I enjoyed most of what I saw.

I was especially wanting to see Confessions of a Nazi Spy (1939) as I had recorded it the last time it showed (8 years ago maybe?), but the tape screwed up and was unwatchable. It was no Mortal Storm by any means, but an interesting bit of history.
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

I watched Confessions of . . . as a documentary more than a drama. I kept wondering when in the heck Eddie Robinson was going to show up. It seemed like more than half of the movie was over before he came on the scene.

One that wasn't that good of a movie, but held my interest was Big Jim McLane. I liked the combination of John Wayne and Jim Arness, they teamed together well. The first lady looked good too.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Ollie

Post by Ollie »

I snagged all of them except DOWN THREE DARK STREETS with Broderick Crawford - blast. After enjoying THE MOB so much, I was really looking forward to another Broderick performance, probably in the same style.
inglis

Post by inglis »

I watched G-man when it was on.I enjoyed it very much .It always interesting to see Gagney on the good side.
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I just wanted to say, I love your avatar Mr Arkadin, I love that movie and I love the stars.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

charliechaplinfan wrote:I just wanted to say, I love your avatar Mr Arkadin, I love that movie and I love the stars.
Thank you, I love the film as well and think it's one of Grant's best performances. He's usually associated with comedy and rightly so, but I think he also made some incredible drama and action films--this being one of the latter.

Just so I won't go totally off topic here, I've managed to watch all the FBI films except "Beacon St." which I'll probably view soon. While you won't find volumes of film criticism written about these works, they're fun and enjoyable diversions.