Bad Movies You Love

Discussion of programming on TCM.
Allhallowsday

Re: Bad Movies You Love

Post by Allhallowsday »

Won't try to type the title of this 1965 RUSS MEYER Messterpiece (it's always blocked). It's the Queen of BAD MOVIES!!! :D

Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

ScreenPix has been running THE CARETAKERS.

Please be advised that Miss Joan Crawford plays the asylum's nursing administrator who gives judo lessons to her staff (all of whom, including Joan, wear black Danskins) so they will be physically equipped to deal with surprise attacks by violent patients.
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

Allhallowsday wrote: December 4th, 2022, 12:59 am Won't try to type the title of this 1965 RUSS MEYER Messterpiece (it's always blocked). It's the Queen of BAD MOVIES!!! :D
THe TV series RIVERDALE regularly makes references to classic cinema, both within in the episodes and in episode titles.

THe title of sixth episode of Season 1 was "Faster P****cats! Kill! Kill!"

This is the episode that includes the following line by Veronica to Archie:

ziggy6708a

Post by ziggy6708a »

SOLOMON & SHEBA ('59)
woo-haa!!

NOTHING like a bad bible epic...complete with Gina L. & Yul (with HAIR!) woopee, orgies & "MIRACLES"!!

:P
was "mr6666" @ TCM
LawrenceA

Post by LawrenceA »

There's a Velocipastor 2?!?

Watching until the end.
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Bronxgirl48 wrote: December 4th, 2022, 1:55 am ScreenPix has been running THE CARETAKERS . . .
I love the main theme, by Elmer Bernstein, to The Caretakers! Great music for working out!

"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields
Masha

Post by Masha »

LawrenceA wrote: December 7th, 2022, 6:11 pm There's a Velocipastor 2?!?
It is my understanding that: The Velocipastor (2018) began as a trailer made as a film school project. I believe that it was nearly a decade before money and interest allowed for making the actual movie. It may well be that the trailer for: The Velocipastor 2 was created to generate interest and raise money for making the movie.

I am not ashamed to state openly that I like very much: The Velocipastor (2018). I feel that it is the best movie of its genre which I have ever watched. I believe that I should mention that the genre is: "Made with virtually no budget in a few days, contains martial arts and women in their unmentionables and includes as many cheesy tropes as possible."
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
LawrenceA

Post by LawrenceA »

Masha wrote: December 7th, 2022, 8:33 pm
LawrenceA wrote: December 7th, 2022, 6:11 pm There's a Velocipastor 2?!?
It is my understanding that: The Velocipastor (2018) began as a trailer made as a film school project. I believe that it was nearly a decade before money and interest allowed for making the actual movie. It may well be that the trailer for: The Velocipastor 2 was created to generate interest and raise money for making the movie.

I am not ashamed to state openly that I like very much: The Velocipastor (2018). I feel that it is the best movie of its genre which I have ever watched. I believe that I should mention that the genre is: "Made with virtually no budget in a few days, contains martial arts and women in their unmentionables and includes as many cheesy tropes as possible."
Yes, I was thinking of you when I posted the trailer. I thought you'd be interested.
Watching until the end.
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

EP Millstone wrote: December 7th, 2022, 7:57 pm
Bronxgirl48 wrote: December 4th, 2022, 1:55 am ScreenPix has been running THE CARETAKERS . . .
I love the main theme, by Elmer Bernstein, to The Caretakers! Great music for working out!

Very energetic, lol. Too bad the movie is such a dog.
Fedya

Post by Fedya »

Allhallowsday wrote: December 4th, 2022, 12:59 am Won't try to type the title of this 1965 RUSS MEYER Messterpiece (it's always blocked).
We have an Otto Censor here, too?
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

ziggy6708a wrote: December 5th, 2022, 7:47 pm SOLOMON & SHEBA ('59)
woo-haa!!

NOTHING like a bad bible epic...complete with Gina L. & Yul (with HAIR!) woopee, orgies & "MIRACLES"!!

Lollo looked good.

Is this the film where Tyrone Power had his fatal heart attack after completing a few scenes?
CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

Bronxgirl48 wrote: December 8th, 2022, 4:49 pm
ziggy6708a wrote: December 5th, 2022, 7:47 pm SOLOMON & SHEBA ('59)
woo-haa!!

Lollo looked good.

Is this the film where Tyrone Power had his fatal heart attack after completing a few scenes?
It was. Legend has it you can still see him in a few longshots left in the film
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

Thank you, CI.
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

In a Bad Movies You Love pantheon, SUSAN SLADE is, if not quite "up there", then pretty darn close. It has a favorite movie quote of mine (Connie Stevens to aspiring novelist Troy Donahue): "One of these days there'll be a plaque -- Robert Louis Stevenson, John Steinbeck, and Hoyt Brecker" There isn't a hint, however, that she has read any of his work. The idea that an endeavor Troy Donahue's character could embark upon be described as immortal is truly mind-boggling.

We are supposed to believe that upon first glance, dashing mountain climber Grant Williams falls helplessly in love with shy, stammering, socially inept 17 year old Susan. A forbidden shipboard romance between the two (Connie: "We've been sinful") produces, shall we say, complications. Cognitive dissonance with a simutaneously warm yet coldly rigid Dorothy McGuire, who in certain scenes looks unnervingly like a chic gargoyle, and good old Lloyd Nolan, play Susan's parents. There are drool-worthy scenes of the gorgeous modern Asian-decorated cliffside Northern California home which Nolan's grateful boss Brian Aherne bestows upon the family. It also seems to come complete with a beautiful young Chinese housekeeper who you will probably think is Aherne's mistress given all those mature rogue-ish characters he was so effective at playing.

The terminally earnest Troy is around in the background, trying to clear his father's name. Did this "actor" ever crack a smile in any of his films?)

I am not a fan of Max Steiner being perky.
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

I should add that Grant Williams achieved science fiction screen immortality by playing the title character in THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN. I am sure film fans (of any genre) would prefer to remember him there.