Movies after 1970 on TCM

Discussion of programming on TCM.
RedRiver

Re: Movies after 1970 on TCM

Post by RedRiver »

These are two outstanding dramas from a decade beloved by many movie fans. Most of us are Golden Age people. But I see no reason a classic TV station shouldn't screen films from almost forty years ago. At this point, even the 1980's are fair game. Some functioning, family making adults weren't even born at that time! BADLANDS is suspenseful and disturbing. Unpredictable and fascinating, I like everything about it.

two little boys under a streetlight. They are Emilio Estevez and Charlie Sheen

No wonder I'm so old. Little boys? I was six feet tall when this movie came out! DELIVERANCE is a nail-biter. Tense and exciting. Great characters, well played. Love the rapids! Not only is the footage enthralling. The scenario depicted is terrifying. Imagine having to contend with that along with the other perils faced! These are two examples of fine, untraditional at the time, filmmaking.
The Ingenue

Post by The Ingenue »

[u]Red[/u] wrote:At this point, even the 1980's are fair game.
Does that mean I might now be considered a classic?
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Why in Heaven's name have I not seen this movie? I heard good things when it came out. I hear good things today. Yet for some reason...I like "Needle Park" a lot. And the abrasive INDIAN WANTS THE BRONX is dear to me. Some friends did it in college and I was enthralled. It was directed by a fellow student. Yet it was just as good as the mainstage shows the university offered. I heard at the time that Pacino had done the show. I can only imagine...

Ingenue, I didn't realize you were Carrie Liz! Maybe I wasn't paying attention. You qualify as a classic no matter what year you were released!
The Ingenue

Post by The Ingenue »

I went fishing for it, but I like it. Thanks, Red!