Floopers

Discussion of programming on TCM.
knitwit45

Floopers

Post by knitwit45 »

Floopers are those wonderful mistakes made in films we love...

I watched Easter Parade this afternoon, and saw 2 floopers. The first one was when Judy is in a drugstore, wearing a huge feathered hat. She walks outside and voila! It's a different hat. :shock: Still red, still tall, but half the feathers. The second one was when she's in Fred's apartment, and he asks her if she knows a particular song. When you first see the room, there is a huge polar bearskin rug in the middle of the floor. He walks her over to the piano, she starts singing and poof! :shock: :shock: no polar bear in sight. She comes back to the piano, he rises, they dance and poof! the polar bear came back. Maybe he was just polite and moved out of the way....

So what 'floopers' have you spotted??? :D
moira finnie
Administrator

Re: Floopers

Post by moira finnie »

The polar bear probably had to go to the little bear's room for a moment and didn't think anyone (like the continuity girl) would mind his brief absence.

I'll scratch my head and try to come up with some floopers--but those Easter Parade ones are doozies.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

I've been working on my own webseries...trying with the patience of Job to make sure I have a place for everything and everything in its place for every take I shoot. Do you mean now I can totally relax b'cuz if these classic films can have floooooozies, I can to?

Whew! What a load off my mind!!!
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Uhmmmm...I meant floopers.

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

the FLOOZIES are your problem, T, but there were a bunch of them in film... :lol: :lol:
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

HAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :D

movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Floopers that drive me crazy are the shirt collar in/or out (frequently) of a coat lapel in a single scene. Floozies? I'm all for those in films.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

In Silk Stockings, when Fred Astaire & Cyd Charisse dance across several movie sets, her split pants/dress change back and forth to a wide skirt.

I found a clip of just a portion of the dance, the change comes about 1:26

[youtube][/youtube]
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

Blade Runner (1982) has tons of flooper and continuity problems. Too many to list, but here's a sampling:

http://www.moviemistakes.com/film180?viewall=yes
Midge

Post by Midge »

There's a subtle flooper in one scene of An American in Paris. It takes place in the scene where Lise is late to the theatre where Henri is performing. When she spots him leaving the theater, she runs up to him and starts to speak her line in French ("Henri, je..."). She then quickly recovers and says the rest of the line English. This is a perfectly understandable mistake since, in real life, Francophones Caron and Guetary would have conversed in French.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Those are great, knitty!

My big continuity problem is with hair - big hair, flat hair, back to big hair again. It drives me crazy!