TCM Cruise 2014

Discussion of programming on TCM.
Fossy

TCM Cruise 2014

Post by Fossy »

I recently received an email from TCM about their cruise. The special guests were named, and on seeing that Ann Blyth is included I wondered if I would be able to meet her. I have all but one of her feature movies, and she is one of only three movie stars to respond to me. (Three times).

I will never forget the first time. When I went to the letter box there was a letter which looked familiar. At first I could not figure out why, but then I realised that I had addressed it myself. The return address had been cut from my letter and pasted on to this letter. Inside was a picture of Ann. Written on it was “Merry Christmas Douglas, and It was signed Ann Blyth”.

Each Sunday I go visit my daughter and have dinner. I told her that about the cruise and that I had decided to go on it. She thought it was a great idea. Then I told her that all that had to happen now was for the right numbers to come up this week.

And the bottom line—The right numbers did not come up, but I have booked anyway. I just hope now that I will be permitted to meet her.
moira finnie
Administrator

Re: TCM Cruise 2014

Post by moira finnie »

Oh, Fossy, from what i have read about the cruises in the past, you will most likely have a chance to meet Ms. Blyth and the other expected guests at this event. I hope that you'll report back to us on your experience this coming October. I'm so glad your daughter talked you into this journey.

If anyone is interested in more details about the TCM Cruise, much more about the cruise may be seen if you click on the image of 'the ship of celluloid dreams" aka Disney Magic below:

Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi,

I'm sure Miss Blyth is a very nice and approachable lady; and she would be overjoyed to know she has fans....
Have your picture taken with her and get an autograph and then come back on this board and gloat!!!! We are all in cheering mode for you and envious too!!!!

Have a great cruise; relax and make friends - that's what cruisings all about...

Larry
Jacqueline T. Lynch

Post by Jacqueline T. Lynch »

So happy for you, and glad you are going. It will be a great adventure, and I'm sure you'll return home with many happy memories. Don't forget your camera, and tell us all about it when you come back home and back to the Silver Screen Oasis.
Another Old Movie Blog -- [url]http://anotheroldmovieblog.blogspot.com[/url]