DISNEY'S A CHRISTMAS CAROL

Discussion of programming on TCM.
mrsl

DISNEY'S A CHRISTMAS CAROL

Post by mrsl »

WOW. . . If ever the Disney studio made a horror film, A Christmas Carol with Jim Carrey is it!!! This was not a film for children under about 10 unless you want to give them nightmares!!! I was on Chicago's WGN last night, and since I never wanted to see it due to Carrey being in it, I decided to check it out after all. Although I found it a very good film, well made, written, and done with that unusual human/comic book type of actor, I'm glad I never took any little children to see it. That is a story I have seen done by so many people and different studios, yet I never tire of it from Reginald Owen to this one, I even loved the one with Mr. Magoo, and Scrooge McDuck. I just was surprised at the Disney studio for some of the more frightening scenes, and the pop-ups of things like doors bursting open, and the casket just above hell fires. Perhaps I took it too liberally, but I could be wrong. Any other opinions on the subject?
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Lomm
Administrator

Re: DISNEY'S A CHRISTMAS CAROL

Post by Lomm »

I thought that, apart from the scene where he shrinks down and runs around the city, which was rather silly, the movie was pretty true to Dickens, from the look and feel to the story.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

I'm going to watch that movie the day after Christmas and I will give you all my review of this movie.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

I was traumatized by DARBY O'GILL AND THE LITTLE PEOPLE! The banshee? Holy cow! But that's a different kind of scary.