FredCDobbs

Discussion of programming on TCM.
Lzcutter
Administrator

FredCDobbs

Post by Lzcutter »

Just wanted to pass on this sad note about the passing of FredCDobbs, who some here knew from their days at the TCM Message Boards. He died last month and there is a thread about that over at the message boards:

http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... 015/page-3

Rest in peace, Dobbsy.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

RedRiver

Re: FredCDobbs

Post by RedRiver »

I couldn't be sorrier to hear this. I enjoyed posting with FCD, and found him interesting, knowledgeable and respectful. Most of the time! I think Fred would be the first to admit he could be a bit cantankerous. But if that's the worst you can say about a man, he's led a pretty good life!
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

So sorry to hear about the death of TCM member Fred C. Dobbs. We go back years on the TCM boards and although we had a couple of bouts it all worked out at the in the end, He was a knowledgeable man and would visit my CANDIDS pages with useful information, compliments and offer pictures that he thought I could use. I for one will miss him. Rest in peace Dobbsy.
Joseph Goodheart
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

So sad to see the news of Fred's death. He was always informative, held strong opinions (and should have taught a debating team), and oh, how he loved old movies! I can still smell the smoke from some of the firestorms he fed and hear the laughter his acerbic wit could evoke. Hope he has fun straightening out all the real facts about film history with his new companions--the real primary sources. RIP, Mr. Dobbs.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks