TCM announces it is sunsetting the TCM Forums

Discussion of programming on TCM.
Detective Jim McLeod

Re: TCM announces it is sunsetting the TCM Forums

Post by Detective Jim McLeod »

ElCid wrote: December 5th, 2022, 10:28 am Just perused the site recently created by a TCM ex-pat and noticed many followed him and some are on this one as well.
All well and good, but I also noticed that two posters from the highly politicized TCM Off Topics have already posted very political comments on the other site.
Probably won't sign up with the other one because I would just go down that bad road again and I don't need that anymore. I'll stay with movies, TV's and so forth.
So glad I didn't join that one now, I was watching to see where any of those Off Topic Political posters were going and I was going to avoid that site
ElCid

Post by ElCid »

Detective Jim McLeod wrote: December 5th, 2022, 10:44 am
ElCid wrote: December 5th, 2022, 10:28 am Just perused the site recently created by a TCM ex-pat and noticed many followed him and some are on this one as well.
All well and good, but I also noticed that two posters from the highly politicized TCM Off Topics have already posted very political comments on the other site.
Probably won't sign up with the other one because I would just go down that bad road again and I don't need that anymore. I'll stay with movies, TV's and so forth.
So glad I didn't join that one now, I was watching to see where any of those Off Topic Political posters were going and I was going to avoid that site
I believe both of them are here as well, but hopefully will leave the politics on the other board.
The car is a 1958 De Soto Fireflite Sportsman hardtop.
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

ElCid wrote: December 5th, 2022, 11:43 am I believe both of them are here as well, but hopefully will leave the politics on the other board.
No "hopefully" about it, as far as I'm concerned.

I intend to report off-topic political posts to SSO administrators and will be all over mischief-making provocateurs and gadflies like white on rice and stink on ca-ca!

Recommendation: If you don't want politics discussed on the SSO, DON'T enable and encourage troublemakers!
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

EP Millstone wrote: December 5th, 2022, 1:55 pm
ElCid wrote: December 5th, 2022, 11:43 am I believe both of them are here as well, but hopefully will leave the politics on the other board.
No "hopefully" about it, as far as I'm concerned.

I intend to report off-topic political posts to SSO administrators and will be all over mischief-making provocateurs and gadflies like white on rice and stink on ca-ca!

Recommendation: If you don't want politics discussed on the SSO, DON'T enable and encourage troublemakers!
Well said, Mr. Millstone!
Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

Cheez and crackers! He does refer to himself as "g-d". :roll:
Fedya

Post by Fedya »

LawrenceA wrote: December 4th, 2022, 3:57 pm

Were you the guy who had Charles Coburn as your avatar? I always loved that look of disgusted contempt on his face there.

Apologies for the poor formatting. I'm still learning how this site works, and the current quoting function is a mess for me.
Yeah, that was me, and my profile referred to me as a "crotchety old blankety-blank". Even though I'm younger than a lot of people who were posting to the boards.
Marysara1

Post by Marysara1 »

:lol:
Masha wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 3:59 pm
ElCid wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 3:45 pm I'm missing the Cat thread.
We have: The Domestic CAT: Feline at its finest!
viewtopic.php?t=3436

It currently runs ninety pages. Most of the early posts are stories of cats but it gradually transitions into mostly images and videos.

Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Yeah, I noticed Nips is over there. He can have him!
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

I've noticed some posters aren't on either site. Have they given up on us? :( I've been doing some poster searching on both sites. There are some people I miss already. It's not like we can count on new people just showing up like on TCM's. Unless we get some disenchanted ones from Tops board. I hope we can keep this place going.
Marysara1

Post by Marysara1 »

ElCid wrote: December 5th, 2022, 11:43 am
Detective Jim McLeod wrote: December 5th, 2022, 10:44 am
I believe both of them are here as well, but hopefully will leave the politics on the other board.
I belong to both sites. Top Billed is trying very hard to please. He doesn't want politics talked about either. That's why there's no category for it Top-billed pointed it out to one of the posters that was talking about politics. Told him to be respectful but also pointed out there's no category for it.
LawrenceA

Post by LawrenceA »

Hibi wrote: December 5th, 2022, 5:00 pm I've noticed some posters aren't on either site. Have they given up on us? :( I've been doing some poster searching on both sites. There are some people I miss already. It's not like we can count on new people just showing up like on TCM's. Unless we get some disenchanted ones from Tops board. I hope we can keep this place going.
Already missing Hamradio and MovieMadness?
Watching until the end.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

kingrat wrote: December 5th, 2022, 5:15 pm It's nice to have some familiar faces here. I've finally been able to get a new password, not remembering the one from, what, seven years back?
Glad you're here!
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

LawrenceA wrote: December 5th, 2022, 5:32 pm
Hibi wrote: December 5th, 2022, 5:00 pm I've noticed some posters aren't on either site. Have they given up on us? :( I've been doing some poster searching on both sites. There are some people I miss already. It's not like we can count on new people just showing up like on TCM's. Unless we get some disenchanted ones from Tops board. I hope we can keep this place going.
Already missing Hamradio and MovieMadness?
Yeah, LMREO! Ham wasn't half as bad as Movie though.
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Welcome back, Kingrat!!!!!!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese