Bonjour!

Here's a spot to say "Hello!"
Sweeney Todd

Bonjour!

Post by Sweeney Todd »

Hello everybody! I'm from France and althought being interested in movies since (too) many years I'm a newbie on this forum.
I saw my first "horro" movie in 1952 (at 12), it was "Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein" in a movie theater in Paris. And in the following years I became an afficionado of the genre. It was a different epoch, as it was possible to watch all (or, in any case, many) of the classics in theaters. Not only the first Hammers when they were new releases, but most of the Universal Golden Era titles, and even, at the Cinémathèque, the silents... Later I worked for several movie magazines and even co-created some. So I'm quite happy to find this forum as all posts are from real lovers of the art of cinema!
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Re: Bonjour!

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

Welcome, Sweeney Todd! We are glad to have you join us here at The Silver Screen Oasis.
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

I love that Abbott and Costello Film ... and Welcome to our Humble Forum ... Sweeney Todd!
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Bonjour! We are a happy band of folks, welcome, look around, pull up a chair and stay a while! I was able to visit your lovely city of Paris several years ago, and my 'bucket list' includes another, much longer visit...but probably only in my dreams..
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

So nice to meet you, Sweeney! Glad to have you on board!
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Welcome, Sweeney. I hope you'll enjoy our message board.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Welcome Sweeney, I'm from England and Ann Harding is from Paris, it's great to have another European on board, it balances the numbers :wink: only joking everyone. I'm glad to see you've found some of our older threads, it's always nice to revisit these, especially when we have new members. I hope you plan to stay around a while :)
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
laffite

Post by laffite »

Bonjour, etes-vous la. Plusieurs annee's se sont passes. Si que oui, ce sera plasir de vous connatire. Merci.
Sabine Azema in Sunday in the Country
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

Hello dere from da Bronx, lafitte, ma cher ami!
laffite

Post by laffite »

Bronxgirl48 wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 1:02 pm Hello dere from da Bronx, lafitte, ma cher ami!
Hey, ma chere amie, I youze to goah to Bronxie Stadium in de 80s. But no moa, I am hee in Californyer, and cant goah, even if I had the idear. Wow, New Yawk-ese is hard to write. I have moided it.
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

You tawk real good.
Of course in real life I sound like Grace Kelly.
(okay, so I exaggerate)
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Hey hey! Dig me new pic! Still missing Vautrin and Miss Wonderly?
laffite

Post by laffite »

Thompson wrote: December 4th, 2022, 5:45 am Hey hey! Dig me new pic! Still missing Vautrin and Miss Wonderly?
MissWonderly3 I believe said that she was joining. But perhaps not right away. She is absent from the boards now and then.

I would to see Vautrin here to. I think I asked him where was going, it was sneak-in question weaved into another conversation. No answer.
LawrenceA

Post by LawrenceA »

laffite wrote: December 5th, 2022, 7:57 pm
Thompson wrote: December 4th, 2022, 5:45 am Hey hey! Dig me new pic! Still missing Vautrin and Miss Wonderly?
MissWonderly3 I believe said that she was joining. But perhaps not right away. She is absent from the boards now and then.

I would to see Vautrin here to. I think I asked him where was going, it was sneak-in question weaved into another conversation. No answer.
Vautrin made a comment about coming here, but perhaps not until after the holidays.
Watching until the end.
laffite

Post by laffite »

LawrenceA wrote: December 5th, 2022, 8:16 pm
laffite wrote: December 5th, 2022, 7:57 pm

Vautrin made a comment about coming here, but perhaps not until after the holidays.
Hey, I remember that. He said he was going to take "some time off."

Thanks, Lawrence