Banned for Trolling

Having problems? Get help here.
ElCid

Banned for Trolling

Post by ElCid »

Sometimes when I try to log in, I get a message that my "IP Address" is permanently banned due to trolling. Not true. Regardless, sometimes I can login and make entries and then sometimes I can't. Did change my password, but that may not last long.
Has this happened to anyone else? Sent messages to administrator, but never actually got an explanation.
The car is a 1958 De Soto Fireflite Sportsman hardtop.
CinemaInternational

Re: Banned for Trolling

Post by CinemaInternational »

Yes. It happened to me, to Lorna, to Andree, to Masha, and to Hibi. And Hibi left because of it.
ElCid

Post by ElCid »

CinemaInternational wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 6:27 pm Yes. It happened to me, to Lorna, to Andree, to Masha, and to Hibi. And Hibi left because of it.
Sorry to hear Hibi left. Any explanation of what happened?
The car is a 1958 De Soto Fireflite Sportsman hardtop.
BagelOnAPlate

Post by BagelOnAPlate »

I wonder if this is Top Billed's revenge.

Sorry I couldn't resist!

Whenever I hear the word "troll", I can't help but picture him.
LostHorizons

Post by LostHorizons »

CinemaInternational wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 6:27 pm Yes. It happened to me, to Lorna, to Andree, to Masha, and to Hibi. And Hibi left because of it.
Are you assuming that or did Hibi make some comment stating that in explicit terms?
CinemaInternational

LostHorizons wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 7:26 pm
Are you assuming that or did Hibi make some comment stating that in explicit terms?
Yes, Hibi said it on this page....

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7125&start=3870
Masha

Post by Masha »

I first posted concerning the problem: Thu May 30, 24 4:08 pm.

I sent the obligatory email to: Admins.

I have received no reply. I have seen no definitive explanation. The problem continues.
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Arsan444

Post by Arsan444 »

It just happened to me, too, just when I was about to submit a reply. I could finally log in again after a few attempts.
When in doubt, have another one.
LostHorizons

Post by LostHorizons »

CinemaInternational wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 7:28 pm

Well, I doubt she is gone for good. She will be back once they sort out the glitch.
umop apisdn

Post by umop apisdn »

I just got the error message and I mostly read and rarely post. Hopefully, this gets resolved when they get a chance. They've built a nice community here.
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

LostHorizons wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 9:40 pm

Well, I doubt she is gone for good. She will be back once they sort out the glitch.
I thought Hibi was a He! Are you sure They're a She?

I don't understand this trolling thing. It hasn't happened to me -- yet. But surely they will fix it. And I certainly hope Hibi returns!
LostHorizons

Post by LostHorizons »

Swithin wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 10:11 pm
LostHorizons wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 9:40 pm

I thought Hibi was a He! Are you sure They're a She?

I don't understand this trolling thing. It hasn't happened to me -- yet. But surely they will fix it. And I certainly hope Hibi returns!
Hibi is a woman who uses a male icon.
CinemaInternational

BagelOnAPlate wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 6:59 pm I wonder if this is Top Billed's revenge.

Sorry I couldn't resist!

Whenever I hear the word "troll", I can't help but picture him.
TopBilled was definitely the most controversial poster on the old boards. You are not the only one to have a bad experience with him as two others here definitely did as well, one of whom once sent me a message telling me to beware of him. I managed to never get on his bad side, but then again I didn't try to get too close. Having seen his posts on the TCM boards and on IMDb (where he posted under his real name with the same profile picture, and I still come across some of them on filmboards which archived some of the old IMDb boards), it was clear that he was his own favorite person. He just seemed to be extremely vain and narcissistic, and he could snap at someone over the smallest disagreement, treating others like garbage in the process. He thought that his opinions on movies and television were the gospel truth. Having gotten into the crosshairs of a similar type of individual on the internet in the past (on more than one occasion), I know all too well how much pain such a person can inflict. And its not right at all, and I am sorry that you were hurt by him. But you don't have to worry, he's never going to join here. This is a place where people have their own opinions on films, but we' are never aggressive or patronizing about it here.

It's funny in a way though because as I said the other day, I hadn't even really thought of the troll term since the last year or so on the IMDb boards. There were quite a few of them on there at the time and it felt like a battlefield.
LostHorizons

Post by LostHorizons »

Someone on a different website once described Topbilled as “the guy on the TCM board who treats it like his day job” and I think that description was accurate.
KayFrancis

Post by KayFrancis »

Yes Hibi is female. She had a funny thread on our TCM site about George Brent ( her aviator) We've been friends for many years and I can assure you, Hibi is female.