Banned for Trolling

Having problems? Get help here.
Hibi

Re: Banned for Trolling

Post by Hibi »

Allhallowsday wrote: June 4th, 2024, 8:54 pm Hasn't happened to me..., but I have not logged out since I joined...
I don't know how to start a new thread.
I don't know that I have a good guess what my password might be.
I had a bad experience around St Patrick's Day in 2022 with TopBilled. He jumped on me for correcting a thread title to the OP. I wrote to him about what seemed an unfair over-reaction. He was polite. I responded with info about a hospital stay where I'd spent much time thinking about the sting.
Wah-rong. :lol:
I'm always logged in too, except for when I was banned, then I had to manually log in (many times!) then rejected again! (banned) Thank your lucky stars.
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

KayFrancis wrote: June 5th, 2024, 3:14 am Marysara wrote
Wasn't Speed Racer the one who joked she was Errol Flynn's girlfriend in a previous life?

Yes
I can't afford to pay attention.
Woof! You've Got Mail!
KayFrancis

Post by KayFrancis »

jimimac71 wrote: June 5th, 2024, 9:52 am
Wasn't Speed Racer the one who joked she was Errol Flynn's girlfriend in a previous life?

Yes
Speedracer has talked about Errol Flynn and her love for him for years. On this site and the TCM site.Thats why she has him as an aviator. Not sure why you seem to have a snarky answer, but cut it out.
jamesjazzguitar

Post by jamesjazzguitar »

jimimac71 wrote: June 5th, 2024, 9:52 am

Yes
Cute dog. Looks like you can't afford not to pay attention.
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

Snarky? I think not. A cute reply from way back in 1991.
You might think I've committed a crime.
My eyesight is a little sloppy and I use a tablet as my go to device.
My mistake with SR5 was a long time ago and I am not sure about any details. I could have been new to the forum and only noticed the avatar. If that's my worst error in life, I'm cooking with gas.
Thanks JJG. Love my avatar photo. Borrowed it from a site with wallpaper images.
You could be overreacting Kay. I'm not going to let it upset me, but could. I had to look up snarky as it is not in my vocabulary. I find the definition offensive.
Stick a fork in me, I'm done.
Woof! You've Got Mail!
KayFrancis

Post by KayFrancis »

I was replying Yes to marysaras post, why did you comment?
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

KayFrancis wrote: June 5th, 2024, 12:41 pm I was replying Yes to marysaras post, why did you comment?
Wasn't the 'snarky' comment meant for me?
How was I to know who your reply was for?
I don't handle the 'quote' part of this forum all that well.
I was replying as the posts about Speedracer5 should have been aimed at me, right?
Sorry for any misunderstanding.
Woof! You've Got Mail!
Marysara1

Post by Marysara1 »

I agree with the debate about emoji. I post in obits. I guess like is close to Thank You. It's sad news but I appreciate the acknowledgment. I don't know if I'm getting banned. I can't find some of my posts. Top-billed is a liberal. Funny how both extremes stop opposing viewpoints I tried to post in All in The Family. I don't know what went wrong. Both Archie and Maude were wrong. Movies and T.V. shows send messages.
ElCid

Post by ElCid »

Marysara1 wrote: June 5th, 2024, 4:02 pm I agree with the debate about emoji. I post in obits. I guess like is close to Thank You. It's sad news but I appreciate the acknowledgment. I don't know if I'm getting banned. I can't find some of my posts. Top-billed is a liberal. Funny how both extremes stop opposing viewpoints I tried to post in All in The Family. I don't know what went wrong. Both Archie and Maude were wrong. Movies and T.V. shows send messages.
Having been exposed to TopBilled on the old TCM forums site, I hardly consider him a "liberal."
The car is a 1958 De Soto Fireflite Sportsman hardtop.
jamesjazzguitar

Post by jamesjazzguitar »

ElCid wrote: June 5th, 2024, 5:52 pm
Marysara1 wrote: June 5th, 2024, 4:02 pm I agree with the debate about emoji. I post in obits. I guess like is close to Thank You. It's sad news but I appreciate the acknowledgment. I don't know if I'm getting banned. I can't find some of my posts. Top-billed is a liberal. Funny how both extremes stop opposing viewpoints I tried to post in All in The Family. I don't know what went wrong. Both Archie and Maude were wrong. Movies and T.V. shows send messages.
Having been exposed to TopBilled on the old TCM forums site, I hardly consider him a "liberal."
Well, as we have discussed, how one classifies another often depends on how one views themselves. TB is clearly to the left of Marysara (who posts often about political topics at TB's forum, along with good old darkblue, but with almost no one taking their bait).
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

jamesjazzguitar wrote: June 5th, 2024, 7:24 pm
Well, as we have discussed, how one classifies another often depends on how one views themselves. TB is clearly to the left of Marysara (who posts often about political topics at TB's forum, along with good old darkblue, but with almost no one taking their bait).
Dare I ask where is dear old Nipkow?
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

Swithin wrote: June 5th, 2024, 7:33 pm
jamesjazzguitar wrote: June 5th, 2024, 7:24 pm
Dare I ask where is dear old Nipkow?
Maybe watching HOT SPELL in an endless loop???
ElCid

Post by ElCid »

I don't think we should discuss politics or politicians on this site.
The car is a 1958 De Soto Fireflite Sportsman hardtop.
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

ElCid wrote: June 6th, 2024, 6:11 am I don't think we should discuss politics or politicians on this site.
I agree. :) In past experiences at ANY forum I've been a member of, when we had political threads, or even just political tangents in threads, it inevitably led to hard feelings at best and massive arguments (and exoduses) at worst. This is a place for movie and related entertainment talk, and it's best we keep it that way for everyone.
Andree

Post by Andree »

I've always found it somewhat humorous that a guy known for urbanity and
sophistication had the name Cole Porter.
Every man has a right to an umbrella.~Dostoyevsky