MARY PICKFORD SIGNATURE COLLECTION

News and Upcoming Releases
moviemagz

MARY PICKFORD SIGNATURE COLLECTION

Post by moviemagz »

MARY PICKFORD receives an entry in the budget "Signature Collection" being released this month. The company that makes these then to stick to the very common talking public domain titles. The Pickford set reportedly contains four films including POLLYANNA and POOR LITTLE RICH GIRL. Don't expect much in terms of print quality for 5 bucks but it's nice to see Mary getting a title in this series and these movies aren't available from most of the p.d. people.
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Thanks for this info. I have never seen a Mary Pickford movie! I feel that's a disgrace I can't wait to atone for and this set may be a good beginning. :wink:
Gagman 66

Post by Gagman 66 »

moviemagz, MissGoddess,

:o I am a huge Pickford fan, she made so many great films! These though are probably more bootlegs, of past releases. But these people rarely do a very good job of copying those. POLLYANNA (1920) was put out in a beautiful Laser-disc release by Image in the early 90's, So were REBECCA OF SUNNY BROOK FARM (1916), and LITTLE ANNIE ROONEY (1925). But Milestone has failed so far to release any of these titles on DVD. I have been waiting rather impatiently.

:? Another title I hope that they will release is DOROTHY VERNON OF HADDON HALL (1924). I have a more than decent copy from Unknown Video, but the score is no great shakes.

:roll: My Favorite Pickford features are THROUGH THE BACK DOOR, LITTLE LORD FAUNTLEROY, TESS OF THE STORM COUNTRY, LITTLE ANNIE ROONEY, and MY BEST GIRL. All of these films are on DVD in high quality editions from Milestone.