MAKING DVD SLEEVES FOR YOUR DVDS

News and Upcoming Releases
bdp

Post by bdp »

...one more...

The problem with this one is apparent - the text on the rear cover is too small to read. I tried to duplicate all the information that was on the back cover of the laserdisc box, all the episode summaries, and it's just too much information for such a smaller space (i.e. a DVD cover). I need to modify that, just haven't got back to it yet.
moviemagz

Post by moviemagz »

Wow, Kyle I would love to see more of your covers as I'm sure most of us would. What programs do you use to make these?

Would also like to see others creations too!

Regarding the price, yes it can add up but it's worth the dollar or so cost for a nice cover for a treasured disc.

One tip I have for easy and inexpensive covers is to simply save a photo on your computer, add text to the picture via Edit in your photo file and then print the photo and a different one as 5x7 photos on one sheet of photo paper and then just cut them out for covers for two DVD cases. total cost about .50 cents each.

Another problem I've encounter is that the only DVD cases available now in my area are the "slim" ones much like in a TV season set rather than the slightly fuller ones with a bigger spine, so lining up spine titles for those are even more difficult.