Good News in November and December

News and Upcoming Releases
srowley75

Good News in November and December

Post by srowley75 »

If you compile your Christmas list early, take note of some FANTASTIC news on the DVD front:

1. The Budd Boetticher Collection debuts on Nov. 4.

Contents: Comanche Station, Ride Lonesome, The Tall T, Decision at Sundown and Buchanan Rides Alone. All, we presume/hope, in their original aspect ratios.

2. The Gregory Peck Collection debuts from Universal (I'm comin' to join you, 'Lizabeth!) on the same day, Nov. 4. [no link on Amazon.com as yet]

Contents: Mirage (!!!), Cape Fear, Arabesque, The World in His Arms, To Kill a Mockingbird and Captain Newman M.D.

3. And - the best news of all - Fox's Murnau, Borzage, and Fox box set on Dec. 9.

This will reportedly include all three Janet Gaynor silent films for which she won Best Actress in 1927-28 (Street Angel, Seventh Heaven, Sunrise in a special edition) along with City Girl, Lucky Star, Song O' My Heart, Bad Girl, Liliom, Lazy Bones, After Tomorrow, Young America, and They Had to See Paris.

-Stephen
Synnove

Post by Synnove »

This is great news, I hadn't heard of the Murnau, Borzage and Fox box set! Thank you, srowley75.

Another release to look forward to if you're a silent film fan is Flicker Alley's Douglas Fairbanks set.
http://www.flickeralley.com/fa_fairbanks01.html

They still don't say when it's going to be released, though. I hope it is before Christmas, but who knows.