Universal's PreCode collection

News and Upcoming Releases
coopsgirl

Post by coopsgirl »

Hey Justin,
Paramount still owns their silents so there's little hope they will ever see the light of day. Wings is supposed to be getting an official release this year but I'm not getting too excited until I see the official release date info :wink: If that one sells relatively well then maybe they'll eventually put out some more.

It would be nice if Universal would go back to putting out more 5 or 6 movie sets for actors with more regularity.
“I never really thought of myself as an actor. But I’d learned to ride on my dad’s ranch and I could do some roping stunts and working as an extra was better than starving as an artist nobody wanted on the West Coast.” - Gary Cooper
markfp

Post by markfp »

I'm putting in a preorder today. I don't think I've seen any of them before.

It's time that those of us have been complaining about Universal's lack of interest in releasing classics should step up and support their efforts with this set. The better they do, the more likely they'll release more. I know times are tough and everyone can't afford to spend $35 on movies, but I hope those of us who can, will.
feaito

Post by feaito »

The set is not available for pre-order either at Amazon or Deepdiscountdvd yet :?
srowley75

Re: Universal's PreCode collection

Post by srowley75 »

In case anyone may have forgotten about it, the set is now available for preorder on Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Pre-Code-Hollywoo ... 313&sr=1-1

By all means, if you've got the cash and want to buy the set, I encourage you to do so. I'm sure the studios are going nuts trying to figure out what will net them a profit in these unsure times. I would say we stand a good chance of seeing more of these types of sets if this particular one not only sells big, but does so during a recession.

-Stephen