The Warner Archive

News and Upcoming Releases
butterscotchgreer

Re: The Warner Archive

Post by butterscotchgreer »

Who's excited about The Naked Jungle(1954) from the Warner Archive released on DVD FINALLY!? WOOHOOO! I LOVE this film from the bottom of my heart! The adventure, the pride, the colors!

Ugh, i forgot how to post pics on this site. This is what happens when you get lazy and don't visit for a couple years...
Last edited by butterscotchgreer on September 17th, 2013, 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Hi there, stranger!

When you start a new post, there is a little button labeled Img above the text area; just click on it and paste the picture URL between the codes.

You may have been gone a long while but you figured out how to create a signature photo---how did you do that?
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
butterscotchgreer

YAAAYYYY!!! I figured it out!

Thank you April! That was truly helpful! :D You know, i put that avatar on my profile when i first joined. Let me go see it and i'll let you know if I see how to do it again.
butterscotchgreer

MissGoddess,

Click on "User Control Panel" to the top left below "Board Index" and then scroll down. You should be able to create a new avatar. :) Let me know if that helps!
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

It's not the avatar but the picture of Gary in your signature line...how did you do that?
-- Will Rogers
butterscotchgreer

OHHH!! I just copy and pasted a URL into the signature box in the profile panel and place the [img]/[/img] on the outside. Did you find the signature box to edit?
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

butterscotchgreer wrote:OHHH!! I just copy and pasted a URL into the signature box in the profile panel and place the [img]/[/img] on the outside. Did you find the signature box to edit?

unfortunately, it says on mine that I cannot use img codes. :(
-- Will Rogers
butterscotchgreer

you knowwhat's weird is that my signature says that the [img] code is turned off too, but mine still worked, i think, because i manually typed in the code myself. did you try that?
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Yes, I did but it only showed the url, not the picture. I thought maybe they had upgraded or something changed. No worries!
-- Will Rogers
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

NAKED JUNGLE is a fun little drama. Kind of creepy, even. Not just because of the attacking ants. The people who drive the story are so intense. I don't want to be around when Charlton Heston explodes! My family saw this at the drive-in when I was real young. Had to be a re-release, though. The film came out the year I was born!
butterscotchgreer

I really love the adventure of the whole story, but the first time I saw it, I have to agree with you, I wasn't too keen with Charlton Heston's character. He is so serious and proud, almost to the point of overkill. His character doesn't really have a reason to be, other than the fact that he had been in that country without a girl to start with.
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

I loved Eleanor Parker and Heston in that film. There's just something about all those ants, a bumpy-road-to-love romance, and the steamed heat of the rainforest to mesmerize me.

This is Eleanor Parker at one of the most lovely moments in her film career.

I think I saw this film for the first time when I was about 14 and it got me thinking about all sorts of grownup things... :lol:
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
pvitari

Post by pvitari »

The Warner Archive Collection just released the first season of The Mentalist in Blu-ray. I always wondered why this show didn't get Blu-ray releases so this is very welcome! :)

http://shop.warnerarchive.com/product/c ... LISTBDhome
feaito

Post by feaito »

butterscotchgreer wrote:Who's excited about The Naked Jungle(1954) from the Warner Archive released on DVD FINALLY!? WOOHOOO! I LOVE this film from the bottom of my heart! The adventure, the pride, the colors!

[

Ugh, i forgot how to post pics on this site. This is what happens when you get lazy and don't visit for a couple years...
Butter, Did you know that this film was released on regularly manufactured DVD (not DVD-R) by Warner some years ago. I bet it still available. It's one of my favorite adventure films. The chemistry between Parker and Heston is perfect and their scenes together are steamy and charged with sexual tension. I've seen it countless times and showed it to many non-classic film buffs with good results. ;)
norfious

Post by norfious »

I am so glad that a lot of these titles are coming to DVD! The only downside is the fact that they are made-to-order DVD-Rs, instead of real pressed DVDs. Unfortunately, I've heard a lot of negative reviews of them, and horror stories about them not even running correctly or being out of sync with the audio.

I, personally, have purchased two sets of DVDs ("It's Love I'm After", and "The Falcon Mystery Movie Collection") from the Warner Archive and have had no problems. They even run in my PC, which they claimed not to. Still, I am always wary about spending so much for a DVD-R.

Right now I am dying to get my hands on a copy of "The Enchanted Cottage," which I think is only available from the archive. While I have had good luck with these in the past, something is still holding me back. Does anyone know if it is available on a regular pressed DVD, by chance?
_Broadway_ from the TCM forums.