New Powell/Loy Boxset set for release in August!!!!!!

News and Upcoming Releases
BillieBurkeFan1985

New Powell/Loy Boxset set for release in August!!!!!!

Post by BillieBurkeFan1985 »

This announcement came today in my email! Can't wait becuase all these films are fantastic! Totaly gonna be worth the buy!

TCM Spotlight: Myrna Loy/William Powell Collection the Thin Man Duo Back with Five New Classic Collaborations Debuting August 7 from Warner Home Video
BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Following the enormous success of 2005 The Thin Man Collection, Warner Home Video and Turner Classic Movies join forces to highlight the great motion picture chemistry of Myrna Loy and William Powell with the August 7th DVD debut of five M-G-M classics: Manhattan Melodrama, Evelyn Prentice, Double Wedding, I Love You Again and Love Crazy. Extras include vintage shorts, classic cartoons and a radio show broadcast for Love Crazy. The films will be available only as a collection in a collectible digi-pak gift set and will sell for $49.92 SRP.

Accompanying the new Loy and Powell teamings will be the first national DVD release of all The Thin Man titles individually. After the Thin Man, Shadow of a Thin Man, Song of the Thin Man, The Thin Man Goes Home and Another Thin Man will also be available for $14.98 SRP.

Manhattan Melodrama (1934)

Clark Gable and Powell star in this famed Oscar® winning delight about childhood friends who end up on opposite sides of the law and in love with the same woman.

Evelyn Prentice (1934)

Rosalind Russell stands trial and defense attorney Powell has one chance to save her from the chair: find the unknown society woman who shared the womanizing victims attentions and may be his own wife (Loy).

Double Wedding (1937)

Loy is appalled when her sister intends to wed bohemian Powell.

I Love You Again (1940)

Powell receives a blow to the head and realizes he is really a con man, who has been suffering from amnesia for nine years. He decides to continue to pose as the wealthy man, clean out his bank account and skip town, until his wife (Loy) complicates the plan.

Love Crazy (1941)

Loy joins Powell for a certifiably loony romp as a happily married couple who let a series of complications during their anniversary celebration ruin their wedded bliss. Insanity prevails as he endeavors to win her back
"Are You A Good Witch Or A Bad Witch?"
-Billie Burke-
bobhopefan1940

Post by bobhopefan1940 »

Oh, well this is wonderful. So glad I Love You, Again is included... I've always wanted to see Manhattan Melodrama, as well.
"How strange when an illusion dies. It's as though you've lost a child." --Judy Garland
"To help a friend in need is easy, but to give him your time is not always opportune." --Charlie Chaplin
"Dumb show is best for screen people, if they must appear in public." --Buster Keaton
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

Wow! What great news!!!! I am SOOOO pleased!

I have seen all of those films and love them all. I am pleasantly surprised to see Double Wedding on the list as it is one of my favorites...but a lesser-known Powell/Loy film.