Great Bargains (I think)

News and Upcoming Releases
mrsl

Great Bargains (I think)

Post by mrsl »

I hope this is the correct place to put this info. Not all of them are old classics, but there are a lot of new classics there as well.

Walmart has a $5.00 bin with unused movies. I've gotten some really good movies there. They are no longer in the bins, but are neatly laid out on racks. So far I've gotten:

The Searchers - with extra interviews and such
Sons of Katie Elder -
The Alamo and Magnificent 7 - both with extras - 2 discs for $5.00
Rio Bravo
El Dorado and Hatari - 2 discs for $5.00
The Undefeated
Chisum
The Man who Shot Liberty Valence - Shane is also on, both discs for $5.00
The Commancheros
North to Alaska
In Harm's Way

No Name on the Bullet
Air Force One
Drums Along the Mohawk

Most of them have extras on the second disc, and they are all beautifully reconditioned. There are still a few John Waynes I want to get but right now, I'm ecstatic.

So if you're in the mood for a movie or two, you might want to take a trip to your local Walmart.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
movieman1957
Administrator

Re: Great Bargains (I think)

Post by movieman1957 »

I picked up "Chisum" and "No Name On The Bullet" for myself and even found a few for others in the family. I don't like going to Walmart but when we have to I'll at least run through the box or rack looking for a bargain.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Chris:

I understand you about not liking to shop at Walmart, I don't like their business tactics for sure. However, when you're watching every penny on a budget, I do have to admit they have the lowest prices of any of the discount houses as far as name brands go in both food and household necessities. I buy only name brands because I've found far too many worms and flour beetles in no-name brands. I also have to admit I like buying my food then in the same store going over to get an extension cord, pair of shoes, or a purse. It makes life much easier.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

Mrsl, I'm with you on the Walmart bin. I've found some great ones here in Texas.
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
Uncle Stevie

Post by Uncle Stevie »

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT TESTED YET!!!

I have found a fantastic priced source for old movies. http://www.myoldmanmovies.com/

This place not only sells all movies for $4.99 each but discounts for quantites. Shipping is also very cheap. I just bought 16 movies and they claim to have shipped them out within 3 days. This all just happened so I did not receive anything yet. They claim to have around 3,000 movies. Go to their website and judge for yourself.

http://www.myoldmanmovies.com/

Uncle Stevie
Uncle Stevie

"Great Marriages Are Made In Heaven,
So Is Thunder and Lightning"
MichiganJ

Post by MichiganJ »

Deep Discount is having their 25% off sale on many DVDs and Blus. Some pretty good deals all around but these are some of the "classics".

http://www.deepdiscount.com/classic-dvd-deals/

Standard free shipping to the Continental US, but they do ship internationally as well.
"Let's be independent together." Dr. Hermey DDS
Uncle Stevie

Post by Uncle Stevie »

This was also posted in another thread. My purchase from myoldmanmovies.com was perfect. I paid $60.00 for 16 movies and free delivery. Every DVD came in clean with black professional printing on a silver surface. Printed was the title, stars of the movie and then the main cast. All 16 movies played very well and with good qulaity. They were delivered to me in less than 5 days. It was a good transaction. I will go back for more.

Uncle Stevie
Uncle Stevie

Uncle Stevie

Post by Uncle Stevie »

I just received a discount coupon from myoldmanmovies.com and permission to pass it on to others. So here it is for anyone who wants it.

Hi Steve...thanks for the kind words...am glad you enjoy the movies. Here is a coupon code you can use to receive a 10% discount off of one order. GW10. Use the code during checkout. and you can also pass on the code to others if you like.

Take care, Ken
myoldmanmovies.com
Uncle Stevie

markfp

Re: myoldmanmovies.com

Post by markfp »

I checked out their website and it reeks of bootlegger. Also the fact that the discs just have printing on them and no graphics like commercial releases have is a dead giveaway. I don't care what titles they have or how good the quality is, I'd never give a bootlegger my credit card number. BUYER BEWARE!