Long awaited sets - Barbara Stanwyck & Burt Lancaster

News and Upcoming Releases
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Long awaited sets - Barbara Stanwyck & Burt Lancaster

Post by pktrekgirl »

Well...all I can say is that it's about time. :P

October 30: BARBARA STANWYCK: THE SIGNATURE COLLECTION

includes: Annie Oakley / East Side, West Side / My Reputation / Executive Suite / Jeopardy / To Please a Lady

Great selections, IMO, and with the exception of EXECUTIVE SUITE, are not films they show every other week on TCM. YAY!

The cover art looks great too - same layout and fonts as the last Errol Flynn set put out by WB.

October 23: BURT LANCASTER: THE SIGNATURE COLLECTION

includes: The Flame and the Arrow/Jim Thorpe-All-American/His Majesty O'Keefe/South Sea Woman/Executive Action

More interesting selections that are not show on TCM much, if at all!

I'm very excited about both of these long-overdue tribute sets. I have a R2 Barbara Stanwyck collection that is wonderful...but it really boggles my mind that neither of these two tremendous stars have been honored with a set before now in R1.

Can't wait!
vallo

Post by vallo »

I'm happy about the Stanwyck set. But I'm a little disappointed on the Lancaster set, maybe because I was hoping for different films like Desert Fury or A Child Is Waiting (Directed by John Cassavetes) Most of the films are available on VHS (I have them) and what about "Twilight's Last Gleaming "
Mrsl (Anne) may like South Sea Woman because it Co-stars a young Chuck Connors. The good thing is they're all available separately.

vallo
"We're all forgotten sooner or later. But not films. That's all the memorial we should need or hope for."
-Burt Lancaster
kimpunkrock

Post by kimpunkrock »

I have both box sets. Both are good. I have no complaints.

-
kim
"Wars may come and wars may go but art is forever."---Leslie Howard in the 49th Parallel