Help me with your extras?

The place for film-trading!
Avalon

Help me with your extras?

Post by Avalon »

Hi guys!

Unfortunately, I don't have any way of recording the movies that are shown on TCM, and I can't afford to buy any right now, either. Do any of you have extra copies - even if they are less than stellar - of silents (especially) or pre-Codes that you'd be willing to part with?

Thanks! :D
SSO Admins
Administrator

Post by SSO Admins »

It's possible to make copies even if I don't necessarily have extras sitting around. What are you looking for in particular?
Avalon

Post by Avalon »

#1 is Clara Bow. Also Buster Keaton, Harold Lloyd, Louise Brooks, Jean Harlow, Colleen Moore. I've seen a few of the first five's pictures, and none of Ms Moore's.

I know I'm not narrowing it down much, but in truth I'd take whatever you would like to share. :)
SSO Admins
Administrator

Post by SSO Admins »

Avalon wrote:#1 is Clara Bow. Also Buster Keaton, Harold Lloyd, Louise Brooks, Jean Harlow, Colleen Moore. I've seen a few of the first five's pictures, and none of Ms Moore's.

I know I'm not narrowing it down much, but in truth I'd take whatever you would like to share. :)
I can help you with Clara Bow (obviously). I have several of her talkies (trust me, <i>Call Her Savage</i> is tons of fun) and several silents. I've got quite a bit of Jean Harlow too.

The problem with some of the others like Keaton, Lloyd and Brooks is that everything i have is commercial DVD, which I can't and wouldn't copy. I may have some Colleen Moore somewhere.

If I get some free time this weekend I'll dig around and get back to you. I have WAY too many DVDs and I've never bothered to index them or even sort them. They're just sitting around in boxes in pretty much the order I got them.
Avalon

Post by Avalon »

Wow! You know what? Get rid of all the others, if you can hook me up with some Clara and Jean that'd be terrific! I'd love Call Her Savage especially.

What I do have of Clara's so far is:

Parisian Love
Down to the Sea in Ships
It
The Plastic Age

I have nothing of Jean's aside from "Hell's Angels".

Thank you so very much! I adore Clara - I've even written a children's book about her that I'm trying to get published. :) She's truly one of the sadly neglected greats of the screen. Jean was a beautiful person, inside and out, and not a bad comedic actress, either. ;)