Me, too, Moira.
JackFavell

Re: YOU Tube'n

Post by JackFavell »

Waaah! :cry: :cry: :lol:
klondike

Post by klondike »

Would've put this on the Record Party thread . . .
. . but was worried it might spark a debate about the definition of "music" . . .

[youtube][/youtube]
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I thought I would post my favorite Christmas episode from one of my favorite shows. The rest of the four parts are available on youtube if you want to continue watching. I hope you enjoy it!

[youtube][/youtube]
MichiganJ

Post by MichiganJ »

A couple of my favorite cartoons for the Holiday Season.
Enjoy.

The Little King in "Christmas Night" (1933)
[youtube][/youtube]

Bedtime For Sniffles (1940)
[youtube][/youtube]
"Let's be independent together." Dr. Hermey DDS
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Bedtime For Sniffles is a must see for us at Christmas. I am surprised it doesn't seem to be more well known, at least in my circle. It's sweet.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Chris:

Great group photo over in the Chatter thread. It makes me envious. You all look like you're having such a fun time. I put this here because I didn't want to wait for the delay in that thread. Happy Holidays.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Thanks Anne. It was fun.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I love Sniffles!

[youtube][/youtube]
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

My first thought this morning was "Happy gets to see his pal again!"
[youtube][/youtube]
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
klondike

Post by klondike »

moirafinnie wrote: My first thought this morning was "Happy gets to see his pal again!"
Great take on our "passages", Moira - personally, I've come to believe that wherever we find ourselves, after leaving "here", we are immediately greeted by every dog we've ever loved.
(Corny, huh?)
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

That would be heaven.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Dogs In Heaven?

An old man and his dog were walking down this dirt road with fences on both sides, they came to a gate in the fence and looked in, it was nice grassy, woody areas, just what a 'huntin' dog and man would like, but, it had a sign saying 'no trespassing' so they walked on. They came to a beautiful gate with a person in white robes standing there. "Welcome to Heaven" he said. The old man was happy and started in with his dog following him. The gatekeeper stopped him. "Dogs aren't allowed, I'm sorry but he can't come with you."

"What kind of Heaven won't allow dogs? If he can't come in, then I will stay out with him. He's been my faithful companion all his life, I can't desert him now."

"Suit yourself, but I have to warn you, the Devil's on this road and he'll try to sweet talk you into his area, he'll promise you anything, but the dog can't go there either. If you won't leave the dog, you'll spend Eternity on this road."

So the old man and dog went on. They came to a rundown fence with a gap in it, no gate, just a hole. Another old man was inside. "S'cuse me Sir, my dog and I are getting mighty tired, mind if we come in and sit in the shade for awhile?"

"Of course, there's some cold water under that tree over there. Make yourselves comfortable"

"You're sure my dog can come in? The man down the road said dogs weren't allowed anywhere."

"Would you come in if you had to leave the dog?"

"No sir, that's why I didn't go to Heaven, he said the dog couldn't come in.
We'll be spending Eternity on this road, and a glass of cold water and some shade would be mighty fine right about now. But, I won't come in if my buddy here can't come too, and that's final."

The man smiled a big smile and said "Welcome to Heaven."

"You mean this is Heaven? Dogs ARE allowed? How come that fellow down the road said they weren't?"

"That was the Devil and he gets all the people who are willing to give up a life long companion for a comfortable place to stay. They soon find out their mistake, but then it's too late. The dogs come here, the fickle people stay there. GOD wouldn't allow dogs to be banned from Heaven. After all, HE created them to be man's companions in life, why would he separate them in death?"

Author Unknown
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

I got out all my John Barry CDs after hearing of his death this morning. The music from Somewhere in Time (borrowed from Rachmaninoff's Rhapsody on a Theme from Paganini) and Out of Africa are playing all day today. I once read an interview with Barry about his poignant and sensitive score for Somewhere in Time and he explained that it really came out of his mourning his parents who had died shortly before he was asked to compose this soundtrack. I love Out of Africa for the majestic sweep of the music and the use of classical and native chants. What a complement to the imagery of this movie. I wish that Barry could have a tribute on TCM like others who have contributed so much on screen.

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks