DALLAS

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
mrsl

DALLAS

Post by mrsl »

I explained last week that I never saw an episode of the original Dallas so anything they did with this one would be new to me. Just for the heck of it, I DVR'd this one and watched it over the weekend. I do know the old show was mainly a night time soap opera, but this looks like it may be a good knock down, drag out fight. I'll see if a few more episodes hold my interest. No matter what the show is like, I can't find any wrong in that theme song. That is one thing I did with the old show, I did tune in for the very beginning just to hear that theme song, it's really catchy and I find myself humming it quite often.

The acting seems to be fairly good, and with the old guard holding court, some good battles may ensue between lawyers, not to mention all the sneaky underhanded tricks everyone will be playing on each other. Naturally I had no idea what they meant when they said to tune in and choose who you will be behind, but by the end of the second show, I was already cheering for Bobby and his adopted son. I assume I'll learn the backgrounds of all of these people as time goes on if necessary to understand the plots. I do expect a lot of mayhem to appear however.

Did anyone else watch it?
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************