Another Question Vital to Me

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
mrsl

Another Question Vital to Me

Post by mrsl »

Delete Post at end of : Ladies - HELP - - Please
by mrsl » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:12 am
Replace with the following. I'm serious because I have another grandchild coming and I wonder what she will have to contend with.

SCHOOL LUNCHES
************ SCHOOL LUNCHES ************

My daughter and I had an almost argument over the lunch program that Mrs. Obama tried to start. Apparently in my grandson's high school (he graduated in June, but my granddaughter is coming up soon). While my daughter was out of work, and on the free lunch program, my grandson who has always been food conscious, did not want the small milk, slice of pizza, mac and cheese, or hamburger/cheese burger and fries offered on the food stamp program. This kid seriously has a bowl of fresh fruit for lunch, and will happily have a large fresh salad for dinner, However, the lunch room DID offer fresh fruit cups, and/or small dinner salads with wheat bread and yogurt for $2 to $5.00. In other words to have a healty lunch, you had to pay for it, but he was on the free lunch program for a reason, not kicks. I'm curious if it's just the schools in my area, or all over where the First Lady's attempts at correcting our childrens lunches has been so badly distorted. BTW, the grammar schools had the same choices but also a sandwich consisting of two pieces of white bread, ONE slice of LUNCHMEAT one slice of cheese, and an apple.

When I asked my daughter why she didn't go to the office and raise cain, she said schools were not like when she was in school and i could go to the principal to complain. Apparently, the principal is in charge of several schools and only at each one for one or two days a week.

This is appalling to me, and I wondered if you have the same problems at your schools?
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************