Me-TV

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
JackFavell

Re: Me-TV

Post by JackFavell »

Thanks red, your post also reminded me to watch the rest of the lineup this evening! There's Cannon...
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

oooh, gilbertito is on "the alfred hitchcock hour"....i have never seen this one!
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

How crazy was Laraine? Holy cow, I didn't see that coming. She's good at psycho characters because you don't think of her that way.

I sort of half watched the whole lineup yesterday, though I was late to Cannon, and didn't really get to watch Kojak or Rockford at all. Loved Columbo, I must have watched them so many times over the years that I remembered how Jackie Cooper got caught. We hit the jackpot last night, with Laraine and Gilbert on Alfred Hitchcock, and then Jack Carson on Thriller. He played a charter boat captain who lost two years of his life to booze, can't remember anything about it. He thinks maybe he's a murderer, or a drug trafficker, and spends the whole time tracking his own actions during that two year period. it was excellent, very Hemingway.

Then Richard Kimble and the one armed man! Forgot about Diane Baker. I loved her lime green chiffon lounging outfit and her hair. Barry Morse was fabulous. Without him, this series ender would not work.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Was that some clever writing or what? I had seen it before, but forgotten most of it. I can't wait for next week!
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I'd seen it before too, didn't remember them bringing up a third party (Kimble, one armed man, and....) so soon in the 2 parter.
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

For those of you who have some kind of cable service and who remember the old family programs as opposed to the cowboy ones, there is a channel I just discovered called INSP and they offer shows like Little House on the Prairie, The Waltons, Matlock, and JAG, all pure wholesome fare. The channel number on my U-Verse is #564 and again I urge lovers of British mysteries like Miss Marple, to check out another PBS channel called WYCC. I was pleasantly comfortable vegging out all weekend watched the mystery marathon I had DVR'd on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

I'm afraid I fell asleep half way through 'Fugitive'. :(
-- Will Rogers
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

That happens to me all the time. The only way I can be sure to watch something is on video!
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Me too, I fell asleep during that Alfred Hitchcock episode that was on right before, saw the beginning and the end, so that gave me a burst of energy to get through The Fugitive... :D
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

I LOVE the image of Kimble and Girard, once again, on a train. Brilliant!
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Yes, I liked that, I half expected another train wreck! It gave me a little thrill to know that it all began on a train.
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Lovely avatar, Wendy.
-- Will Rogers
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Thanks, MissG. I am now wondering... I hope you didn't use this one already, did you? I loved it so much on sight. I had to put it up, even though I was looking for something Christmas-y. I couldn't stop looking at it.
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

i love it...fred was my inspiration when i was in ballet.
-- Will Rogers
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

i'm excited...Me-TV just announced that the finale of "The Fugitive" is going to be broadcast next Friday evening at 8 p.m. as their Friday Night Made-For-TV Movie! Yay! Now I won't miss it!
-- Will Rogers