BRAINSTORM on TCM 8/29

JackFavell

Re: BRAINSTORM on TCM 8/29

Post by JackFavell »

I'm glad you liked it, Alison, I am not sure when he became insane, i tend to think that the place made him insane and the idea that no one really believes him now he's done the deed. The only person who would know is Francis but she's lost interest and can't be reached. She got what she wanted, he's left to pay the price. He's a victim of the rich, and yet, of course one could look at it as an exercise in self delusion, that he was mad all along and dreamed the whole thing to rationalize his actions.

I just love William Conrad's direction of the film.
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I love films and books that are open to interpretation, I'm sure when I watch this in a couple of years time I'll probably see something different, first impressions are one thing, second viewings something else.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I know, I feel the same way. I am quite sure I will find something new on subsequent viewings... i should probably watch it again before commenting, I just got excited that you saw it!
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I feel the same way when I see someone has recently watched a movie that had a impact on me but I can't possibly rewatch all of those movies but I will one day :wink:
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin