NOT NECESSARILY NOIR II @ The Roxie Nov 4 - 8

CineMaven

Re: NOT NECESSARILY NOIR II @ The Roxie Nov 4 - 8

Post by CineMaven »

OMFG...I would have been arrested for murder. I'd have stopped the screening and given them their money back...maybe. I wouldn't have been able to take it. Disrespectful s.o.b.s. Poor guy.

As a retiree I try to go to the movies during the weekday. I pretty much get the multiplex to myself. 'Course, you may not be into today's fare.
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

Last night marked the conclusion of this year's NOT NECESSARILY NOIR fest and it really
closed out on a fantastic high with our Ed Wood triple feature of JAIL BAIT, GLEN OR
GLENDA
and PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE. All three films looked wonderful up on the big
screen and it really goes without saying that the theatrical experience truly does enhance
the overall enjoyment of these incredible films. On an even more encouraging note, I'm
happy to report that the Roxie audience was appropriately reverential toward the films with
an acceptable level of good-natured chuckling (these films are funny in their own intentional
ways) as opposed to the derisive Michael Medved-inspired cruelty and the lame, condescendingly
worthless nonsense invoked by the Mystery Science Theater crowd. Well done, San Francisco!
And thanks, too, to all the Oasis folks who contirbuted to this thread. It's my sincere hope that
someday all of you will make it out to SF and the Roxie!
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

I almost forgot to mention that part of last night's Ed Wood tribute included about 45
mnutes of rare Wood-related material including this bizarre 1955 interview with the
great Bela Lugosi as he is about to be released from a Los Angeles sanitarium where
he was being treated for drug addiction. Notice Bela's shout-out to Wood near the
end of the interview!
[youtube][/youtube]
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

What a brave and open man! To me it's shocking that he was so candid about his life.