BLACK FURY / NOWHERE TO RUN (1987)

Dewey1960

BLACK FURY / NOWHERE TO RUN (1987)

Post by Dewey1960 »

Those two short films took nearly five years to complete and really wore me out. It seemed like
a tremendous amount of time and stress to give over to short films, so I decided to tackle a feature.
My friend Eric Whittington and I wrote a screenplay about messed up kids in a bleak urban environment.
All sorts of seedy atmospheric stuff was cooked up, including incest, murder, and illegal underground
boxing matches between underage contestants. We even got to the point of casting the film and a serious
investor was about to plunk down a big chunk of money. We had a lot of musician friends who were also
contributing their talent. Technical crew was all set too. With some seed money we decided to produce a
three minute promotional trailer for the film that would allow other investors to get an idea about what
we were trying to do with respect to the look and feel of the film and the faces of the three kids who were
starring in it. Unfortunately, the money never materialized and the project, sadly, died on the vine.
BLACK FURY (1987) promotional trailer
[youtube][/youtube]
We had a little dough left, so with the same crew we shot this film of The Witnesses, one of the bands we
were working with, for the release of an album they put out at that time. We did these two fast and cheap!
THE WITNESSES "Nowhere To Run"
[youtube][/youtube]
Thanks for walking down memory lane with me.
CineMaven

Re: BLACK FURY / NOWHERE TO RUN (1987)

Post by CineMaven »

Thanks a lot for sharing your work.

Dewey do you have any plans to continue or pick up making a short or feature...or is that firmly in your past?
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

Something is in the works. Thanks!
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Wow, Boss, when do you have time to make a movie?
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

On my day off!