Fall Harvest Festival

Lzcutter
Administrator

Fall Harvest Festival

Post by Lzcutter »

*****************MEMO****************

To: Dean Finnie

From: Lzcutter, Dean: Film Restoration and Preservation Dept.

Re: Fall Harvest Festival

Dear M,

Thought I should give you a heads up, as it were. Moraldo Rubini (see previous memo) has been working on some extra features for our upcoming "Meet Me in St. Louis" event this Christmas.

He so loves the film, especially the Halloween sequence. He was wondering if it might be possible for the CCC to host an old fashioned Harvest Festival that culminates on Halloween?

I told him I had to run the idea by you, after all you are the Dean.

We are very excited about the idea and look forward to your response!

Regards,

L
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

benwhowell

Fall Harvest Festival

Post by benwhowell »

********************MEMO*******************

To: "Moraldo Rubini" Musical Heritage Films

Re: Fall Harvest Festival

Dear "Signore Rubini,"
We deeply regret the avvenimento inatteso resulting in your unfortunate identity crisis.
We would be happy to build the bonfire for the Fall Harvest Festival. We have reduced the object (chair) of your doppelganger's emergence into kindling. This kindling will start the fire and will be lit by you-provided you are allowed to handle matches.
Grazie mille,
Studentes di college
Handsome Johnny Eck
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

CCC

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

TO: Dean Finnie, Dean Lzcutter. et al

FROM: Sue Sue Applegate, Assistant Publicist, College Public Relations

Dear Dean Finnie,
Before we begin to arrange our schedules for the Fall Harvest Hullabaloo,
please approve the final headlines for our end of summer edition of College
Quips:

BURLEY BONKED/RUBINI ROUSED/MOTORPOOL MOBILIZED

"THE MOST HORRIBLE CONTEST" --MEET ME IN STUDENT LOUNGE
OCTOBER 31--FREE PAPER SACKS FULL OF FLOUR FREE-FOR-ALL

Sincerely,
Miss Sue Sue Applegate
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

From: JDB of Brooklyn, Chair of the Festival Activities Subcommittee of the Alumni Association

My Dear Dean Finnie:

The Alumni Committee would like to propose a "Tribute to the Dearly Departed," to be held during the Harvest Festival.

Class of 1915 President, Rick R. Mortis, will lead a small Procession of the Oldest Surviving to the Memorial Garden, where the alums will strew rose petals, and possibly candy corn, among the mum bushes and memorial plaques. We are currently conducting fund raising activities to buy stars for those Hollywood luminaries who have thus far been snubbed by the City of Hollywood. We will install them ourselves in the Memorial Garden (with your kind permission, of course).

As the Procession wends its way to the Garden, some of the younger alums will conduct a rousing Tiger (Booma-Lacka-Booma-Lacka-Booma-Lacka-Boom!), with cartwheels and pyramids (all those who were born after the demise of the major Hollywood studios, and can still bend at the knee, are invited to participate). I myself, as the only member of the Alumni Committee who was in the CCC band, will accompany on my Old School Piccolo.

The Alumni Committee is currently accepting suggestions for memorial stars for the Garden. Please visit the campus store, where a suggestion box can be found next to the cashier. Vote for your favorites! Every vote counts! Monetary contributions greatly appreciated. Thank you.
benwhowell

Post by benwhowell »

********************MEMO********************

To: The "Brothers" of Gabba Gabba Hey

Re: Can you dig it?

Gentlemen,

My father, Alonzo Will, attorney with Will, Cheatum and Howe, has accepted a position with a law firm in New York City.
Our home at 5135 Kensington, just "spitting distance" from Ramone Hall-home to you Gabba Gabba Hey "bros," will be sold.
My little sister, Tootie, has informed me that our backyard has become a "doll cemetary." Eeww! We could really use the help of you strong young men to dig up these unfortunate dolls. Double eeww!
My brother, Lon Jr., is unable to help as he is busy with his apprentice-ship program with Gloria Allred.
We will have a keg! Also-the "sisters" of La De Dah will be serving Jeno's pizza rolls and tater tots with my mother's famous homemade ketchup.
There will also be a free kissing booth featuring myself and my hot older sister, Rose.
Looking forward to seeing you there.
Love and kisses,
Esther

Handsome Johnny Eck
Moraldo Rubini

Serious News

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

Re: Fate of the Harvest Festival

Unfortunately, due to serious circumstances, I am afraid I might have to put the Kaibosh on any Harvest Festival. It seems some students might have been involved in an act of vandalism that could have resulted in death. Someone placed women's clothing -- which had been stuffed to look like a body -- on the streetcar track. The cable came off when the motorman put on the brakes too suddenly. Whoever was behind this is nothing less than a murderer; he might have killed dozens of people.

At the moment we suspect a new character on campus: a Mr. John Truett. He was seen near the crime scene, and it's possible we have a kidnapping incident. Witnesses (there was a policeman and dozens of people) thought they saw him dragging away two young girls. We have him in for questioning now, and it's been noted that he looked tousled and is suffering from a bite mark. It looks as if someone pulled a handful of hair from his head; must have been quite a struggle.

Of course we cannot condone such hijinks, and to go forth with a festival at a time like this would be in bad taste.

I will inform you of our findings once our investigation of Mr. Truett has been completed.
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

********************MEMO**********************

To: Mr. Moraldo Rubini, Musical Film Heritage Department, Film Preservation and Restoration Department

From: Lzcutter, Dean: Film Preservation and Restoration Department

Dear Moraldo,

Once you get to know the characters better here at the CCC, you will come to understand that nothing, and I mean nothing, stands in their way of good party.

The faculty and staff are legendary in this small town for their ability to have a good time no matter what the circumstances.

While the local police investigate the incident and try to locate the errant Mr. John Truett, believe me when I say the preparations for the Harvest Festival will continue.

There is nothing we can do to stop it now that Publicity, the Alum, and especially the Motorpool (especially if Vic McLaglen has heard the news) have become involved.

We can only pray that the guiding hand of Dean Finnie will keep us all from getting written up in the local gossip rag and out of jail. MrsL will have to be notified that the B&B will be needed for returning alum who wish to participate in the Processional and other activities this month.

I think we should dedicate the Harvest Festival to the late JackBurley. I knew him well and I think he would approve of BenW's idea that the table leg that did him in be the one to start the bonfire.

All hail, JackBurley!!!!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

Moraldo Rubini

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

I am relieved to report that the theory that John Truett had something to do with last night's trolly accident was a monstrous falsehood. Contrary to Ms. Cutter's surprising defiance to this serious matter, if there is anything our hallowed institution hates, loathes and abominates, it's a bully. Further investigation brought to light that the dress that was stuffed to look like a body (a live body too!), was deposited by deceitful, horrible, sinful little creatures (other than Mr. Truett). One was dressed as a "horrible ghost" and the other "a terrible drunken ghost". Apparently, neither are affiliated with our institution.

So party on, autumnal revelers!

Tip: It's come to my attention that Mr. Braukoff has some old boxes in his cellar which can be used to add to the bonfire.
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

cc: The entire staff of the CCC

Those boxes of Mr. Brauhoff's will have to be examined carefully as it is rumored that he has many members of the 'feline' persuasion in his cellar. We want to be sure all the boxes are empty.

I will of course, be happy to accommodate any alum for any reason, however, my outhouse 'excavation' must be covered with something more sturdy than plywood like last year (plywood cracks too easily), and I must sorrowfully refuse the use of my hammock again this year, it was not returned folded, but rolled up in a dirty ball last year.

One last thing - Messrs. Johnson and Mitchum will be available to assist in transporting the heavier items to the bonfire until about midnight, but after that time, I will have need of them back at the B&B.

Mrs L
Proprietess
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

TRIED AND TRUETT -- EASILY EXONERATED

After a hastily-clad mannequin had been tossed in front of a train at the corner of Main and Commerce St., the first honest man to the scene was inadvertently suspected as the perpetrator of a practical joke that startled conductors and rattled onlookers.

"Gee, I can't really believe someone would do something like that right here in St. Louis," stated John Truett, a local basketball coach and social studies instructor at Alonzo Heights Preparatory Academy. "I 'm just glad no one really got hurt," Truett said.
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
klondike

Post by klondike »

MEMO: To Deans Finnie & Cutter
From Campus Security, Chief's Office

Moira & Lynn;

Need your advice immediately - I assume you remember hiring a slender young man, name of Robert Walker, as one of Pr. Cummings' assistant social activities directors; well I have that same young man in my office, sobbing hysterically, redolent of gin, ranting about missing an old girlfriend of his, says he can't live without her, but he just got back from a long train trip, and he can't find her, says that she's hiding from him, keeps mumbling something about mannequins being the key, and he didn't mean to get Truett in trouble, that nothing's been right since he quit "the store", and he's lost his favorite lighter, and dating a Princess doesn't stack-up to loving a Goddess . . I know this kid hangs with Rags from over in the Groundskeeping Dept, but Buttram's not answering the phone in the Main Shed; only other acquaintance of his, I think, is Pr. Arden, but I called Thelma in Admissions & she said Eve's out for cocktails with "the girls" tonight . . this young fella's in a bad way . . do you think Pr. Robinson might be of help, or maybe Dr. Price from the Psyche Dept?
Awaiting your advice, I remain -

Wm. Hopper, CCC Security Office
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Memo from the Desk of Dean Moira Finnie

To: William Hopper CCC Security Chief

Re: The Walker Kid

Bill,
I'm getting slammed with applications from one clown after another who wants to participate in the Fall Festival, so I can't offer too much practical help with this Walker lad, but fer gawd's sake, just do me one favor: Robinson and Price will probably toss a coin to see who helps him, but avoid any referrals for this poor schmiel to see that Prof. Tom Conway over in the Psych Dept., please. I'm still cleaning up all the kitty litter that his last client trailed from his office to the college swimming pool.

Note to self: That's the last time I okay a new hire in ANY department based on the recommendation of someone's big brother.
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

MEMO TO: DEAN FINNIE

FROM: Secretary Sue Sue Applegate, Part-time Personal Assitant to Mr.William Hopper and Full-time Assistant to Public Relations

Dear Dean Finnie,

Regarding the poop on the pool fiasco, we have addressed several of those issues and hope they have now been resolved, as least insofar as to constrict the bragadaccio of Professor Tom Conway in the Psych Department, or as Professor Price puts it so succinctly, the "psyche with the bikey," as Professor Conway is known as a bit of a health nut and often indulges in riding around campus between classes.

But at this time I am writing you concerning a file that I have discovered while reorganizing this office before my official move to the Public Relations Department. Since Mr. Hopper is not in the office at this time, and I am unsure what to do with this box of folders entitled "Top Secret," I thought that you might know how to best deal with this sensitive information.

The top folder is rather large and details the demise of one William Desmond Taylor and several inquiries made by the Los Angeles Police Department concerning Mr. Taylor's Visiting Professorship, however short-lived, and do forgive the pun. The other files are of subsequent high profile cases that I am mildly acquainted with and others I find quite shocking in their disclosures and admit absolutely no prior knowledge to the incendiary nature of their contents.

Please advise ASAP, and if need be, consult Professor Klondike, JDB, "Moraldo Rubini" or Dean LZCutter. I think some of this information MRSL is also privy to. Mr. Hopper is out of town for several days on a security conference in Sacramento, and there are many prying eyes and loose lips more than willing to peruse these files. Currently, they are under lock and key, but because of the plumbing leaks, they may need to be moved on Monday.

Sincerely,
Sue Sue Applegate
Last edited by Sue Sue Applegate on October 13th, 2007, 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Memo From the Desk of Dean Moira Finnie

To: Secretary Sue Sue Applegate, Part-time Personal Assistant to Mr.William Hopper and Full-time Assistant to Public Relations

Re: Top Secret Box and Your Future

Dear Ms. Applegate,
First, what's all this malarkey about being a Part-timer? There's no such thing when you're working with the Hoppermeister, believe me. Entre nous, Ms. A, Hoppy is in dire need of assistance. If he's not chasing down clues in cold cases from 85 years ago and leaving confidential files around for any chucklehea--er, I mean, conscientious employee to find, he's off trying to appease that dreadful mother of his. Don't be fooled by that cool, calm and collected facade he presents to the world, Sue Sue.

I also think that your assistance in the Public Relations Dept. working with that glad-handing wisenheimer, Jack "Laughing Boy" Carson has been a bit too successful in promoting the Fall Harvest Festival. Believe me, that hot dog is on thin ice with me.

What do you say, we just move you over full-time to Security with Bill H.? I'm sure that now that you've stumbled across those Top Secret files we can come to some "arrangement", and perhaps even make it worth your while to exercise some discretion about such matters. What would you say to a deposit being made to a numbered account accessible only to you, of, say, about $500k in the Atlantic Vermögensverwaltungsbank in Zurich?

We'll have to arrange things through a gentleman I know who has oodles of experience as a, uh, shall we say, a fixer? He goes by the name of Herr Walter Slezak, and you can't miss him, he's a portly fellow, walks with a limp at times, and is quite full of what they call gemütlich--at least on the surface. I would expect him to meet with you in the next few days, so keep a bag packed and with you at all times. Where you're going with Slezak, you may not be able to buy a toothbrush--at least, not right away. I'll include a shot of Herr Slezak at the end of this memo to help you know him when you see him coming!

In your new role, I would, of course, expect you to field any future queries about documents left around the office through that scamp Hopper, and I rely on you to please organize things over there!
BTW, be sure to burn this memo after you've read and studied it.
Have you seen this man?
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

FIRE ENGULFS STOLEN SECURITY VAN!

A Security van supposedly laden with file boxes from decades of CCC cases investigated under the discretion of Security Chief William Hopper is at this time a rolling flame ball thundering down Main St., near the corner of Jack Burley Memorial Lane. Security Secretary Sue Sue Applegate, involved in organizing the facility move to another office less plagued by plumbing problems, is suffering a concussion in a local hospital after an unknown assailant knocked her unconscious. Applegate, found lying in the street nearby where the van was stolen, was taken to the CCC Infirmary by a passerby visiting family in the area.

AP/UP News Services have reported a rather heavy-set gentleman with a limp also told staff when they inquired about Sue Sue Applegate that, as of press time, she was "so-so" after her ordeal.

Professor Vincent Price, a bystander near the CCC Security Office at the time of the incident, claimed it was a "noir" miss, and that Miss Applegate's "shorthand won't be given the short shrift" at the CCC Infirmary.