TCM Happy Holidays Promo

Lzcutter
Administrator

TCM Happy Holidays Promo

Post by Lzcutter »

Dear Dean Finnie,

Well, I never thought I would say this but having TCM film their Holiday promo on the CCC grounds was a stroke of genius on your part.

I know that I put some obstacles in your way in terms of accepting their insurance waivers and all but you must believe that it was only in the best interest of what was best for the campus.

Having watched the promo last night during the break between "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" and "The Best Years of Our Lives", I was pleasantly surprised that the whole thing had come together as well as it did.

I hope that there are no hard feelings between us over them filming on campus. I realize that you were a major cheerleader for their presence on campus but I wish we had gotten a credit so that people would realize that our campus was the backdrop.

Oh well, next time we will have to get Contracts involved as well, I suppose.

Sincerely,

Edmund O'Brien
Insurance and Claims
Classic Cinema College
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Dear Moira,

I hope that you are having a fantastic holiday weekend. Hopefully, you didn't go to Professor Stanwyck's Connecticut home for dinner. I hear that Chef Felix was unable to get there in time and the guests were at the mercy of Prof. Stanwyck's kitchen talents. Sympathy cards may be in order.

I had to write this quick note to you regarding the TCM Holiday Promo. It is great. It's so cool to see not only our campus but our young students as well.

I think Moraldo Rubini did an excellent job in choreographing the Busby Berkeley number and the young lladies and lads did an admirable job of dancing.

People are starting to ask who the young scamp is at the end of the promo. I thought perhaps it might be Filmlover's young nephew or one of MrsL's grandkids but am not sure.

Also, would it be possible to use the funds from the Promo for this year's Holiday party?

Since you will be here for the celebration this year we want to do something very special in deed!

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Dean LzCutter, Film Preservation and Restoration
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

TalkieTime

Post by TalkieTime »

Seems like we're digging some gold from 1933.