Moved From Yahoo: Concerns about the Equestrian Events

Post by Lzcutter »

Re: CCC Update: Spring Frolic

******************Memo****************

To: Stable Master Michael O'Leary Classic Cinema College
Ass't Stable Master Mi Taylor

cc: Dean Finnie, LzCutter and Prof. Klondike

Gentlemen,

I attended the Good Friday Chariot Race and while I enjoyed the race quite a bit (especially all the bronzed, shirtless men), I was concerned a bit regarding the qualifications for entering the Race.

As I understand from the After Party on Saturday evening, the only qualification is to sign up. I know that Charlton can be a bit of a prig, especially when it comes to this race because he lives all year for it, but that shouldn't keep the rest of us from strongly suggesting some changes.

I would like to suggest that perhaps a few more qualifications be required.

For example, in the Race you had alumni Charlton Heston, Stephen Boyd, Francis X Bushman with their chariots.

I was surprised to see Prof. Klondike with his sled and dog team, Andy Devine and the Stage to Lordsburg and Ms. Velvet Brown all participating.

While those without chariots added some extra drama and many highlights (more than once I thought for sure that Prof. Klondike would carry the day), I was, of course, most concerned about the animals involved.

You know how much I love horses and I would hate to see any harm come to them or Prof. Klondike's dogs because of the lack of rules.

I hope that you will give this memo some serious consideration and make the appropriate changes next year.

Please don't get me wrong, I had a splendid time on Friday but next year would have an even better time if this memo is taken to heart.

Yours,

Judith Treherne, heiress
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese