In the Mood for Love

Metry_Road

In the Mood for Love

Post by Metry_Road »

I really didn't know where to post this. I think the 'Classic Cinema College' is probably the most appropriate place.

I have just watched one of the most beautiful films I have ever seen.

I mean of course 'In The Mood For Love' by the Chinese film director Kar Wai Wong. Everything about this movie is perfect. A practical lesson in fine film-making.

Stylish and elegant are the only other words to describe this movie.

All contemporary western film-makers and film students should be locked in a room, tied to their seats and forced to watch this movie.

Regards
Moraldo Rubini

Re: In the Mood for Love

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

Metry_Road wrote:I really didn't know where to post this. I think the 'Classic Cinema College' is probably the most appropriate place.
Metry! Great to see your name again. Last night I'd just discovered a thread that began as one about Japanese film, but evolved to become about all asian film. You might want to share this one there. Now, if I could only remember which compartment holds it...

When was this film made?
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

The thread on Japanese film is under The People of Film, I started it but wasn't sure where to put it.

Metry I agree with you, a completely beautiful and perfect film.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

Hi Metry - Nice to see Wong Kar Wai's name mentioned here at the Oasis. He's been one of my favorite directors since the late 80s. In your post you hadn't mentioned whether or not you'd seen any of his other masterworks. In the event you haven't, here's my own personal list of favorites:
AS TEARS GO BY ('89)
DAYS OF BEING WILD ('90)
CHUNGKING EXPRESS ('94)
ASHES OF TIME ('94)
FALLEN ANGELS ('95)
HAPPY TOGETHER ('97)
All of these should be readily available on DVD. ASHES OF TIME has just been re-issued in a beautifully restored new print; it's awesome to say the least!! Beyond highly recommended, these are essential viewing.
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

I'd also like to mention Chungking Express has just been issued by Criterion, which means a beautiful print with plenty of extras!