MUSINGS, PONDERINGS, RUMINATIONS AND FANCIES

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
HoldenIsHere

Re: MUSINGS, PONDERINGS, RUMINATIONS AND FANCIES

Post by HoldenIsHere »

kingrat wrote: June 1st, 2024, 10:11 pm I'll agree with Holden. I think Zac has had work done. If he keeps pumping so much iron, he may need breast reduction, too. Man, that trailer seemed long and I didn't even make it all the way through.
His body was super hot in BAYWATCH.

kingrat

Post by kingrat »

Already too swole for my taste. He's yours!
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

kingrat wrote: June 2nd, 2024, 12:53 pm Already too swole for my taste. He's yours!
I think the British term is hench. (But I agree with you).
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Masha wrote: May 30th, 2024, 4:08 pm I have been permanently banned because I am a troll!

Lil' ol' me? (eyelash flutter, eyelash flutter)

The odd thing is that I received this screen when I attempted to log in earlier. I sent a message to Admin concerning it. I then checked my profile but could not because I was not logged in. I tried logging in. It worked. I was able to post and like.

I received this screen again when I attempted to log in few minutes ago. A second try at logging in was successful.

The same thing happened to me today! I was able to get in on the 2nd try. The very idea! A TROLL! WTH???
CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

Hibi wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 8:54 am
Masha wrote: May 30th, 2024, 4:08 pm I have been permanently banned because I am a troll!

Lil' ol' me? (eyelash flutter, eyelash flutter)

The odd thing is that I received this screen when I attempted to log in earlier. I sent a message to Admin concerning it. I then checked my profile but could not because I was not logged in. I tried logging in. It worked. I was able to post and like.

I received this screen again when I attempted to log in few minutes ago. A second try at logging in was successful.

The same thing happened to me today! I was able to get in on the 2nd try. The very idea! A TROLL! WTH???
Join the club. You, me, Masha, Lorna, we all got it. I think its a glitch after last week.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Bronxgirl48 wrote: May 26th, 2024, 12:36 pm
Andree wrote: May 25th, 2024, 4:29 pm Well, he's relatively young. I'm sure he'll grow into being a daddy and husband.

I wasn't really referring to her acting, but to her physical appearance. Very
attractive with a nice figure. I think she was in at least one episode of Perry
Mason.

Karen Steele or Ann Morgan Guilbert. Boy, that's a tough one.

Men! lol, but seriously...Everyone was on Perry Mason -- even Bette Davis!

I happened to see Gertie the receptionist (briefly) on Perry last week! Usually Della only speaks to her on the intercom.
CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

"I have led a perfect life" -- Ben Mankieweitz during the Peggy Sue Got Married intro. :shock: :headbang: :smiley_fever: :smiley_getalife: :smiley_stupidme:

And then he talked more about Nicolas Cage in the film, and barely said anything about Kathleen Turner's magnificent leading part.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

CinemaInternational wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 10:50 am "I have led a perfect life" -- Ben Mankieweitz during the Peggy Sue Got Married intro. :shock: :headbang: :smiley_fever: :smiley_getalife: :smiley_stupidme:

And then he talked more about Nicolas Cage in the film, and barely said anything about Kathleen Turner's magnificent leading part.
Typical. I watched the intro but didn't watch the film as it wasn't in widescreen. I have trouble with my cable company showing widescreen films due to my old tv. Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't (even if TCM shows them in that format). My other cable company would always reformat it.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

kingrat wrote: May 27th, 2024, 12:17 am Speaking of Perry Mason, we just saw The Case of the Provocative Protege, with noir gal Virginia Field in a prominent role.
She was in a lot of Perry Masons.
jamesjazzguitar

Post by jamesjazzguitar »

Hibi wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 11:34 am
kingrat wrote: May 27th, 2024, 12:17 am Speaking of Perry Mason, we just saw The Case of the Provocative Protege, with noir gal Virginia Field in a prominent role.
She was in a lot of Perry Masons.
Yea, Field was featured often on Mason:

"During the Perry Mason series on CBS from 1957–1966, Field made six guest appearances. She played Irene Collaro in the 1958 episode "The Case of the Prodigal Parent". In both the 1960 episode, "The Case of the Provocative Protege", and the 1962 episode, "The Case of the Polka Dot Pony", she played the murderess. In the 1964 episode, "The Case of the Simple Simon", Field played the role of Mason's client and defendant Ramona Carver. She also appeared as Lotta Langley in an episode of the ABC series The Rebel, starring Nick Adams.
Andree

Post by Andree »

Yeah, I think Gertie was only in 17 episodes. Now that I get METV I'm watching
The Rockford Files instead of Perry Mason. I've seen every episode
of PM multiple times.

I'm having the same troll problem. Last night I tried to log in about four or
five times with no success and just gave up.
Every man has a right to an umbrella.~Dostoyevsky
BagelOnAPlate

Post by BagelOnAPlate »

Swithin wrote: June 2nd, 2024, 4:40 pm
kingrat wrote: June 2nd, 2024, 12:53 pm Already too swole for my taste. He's yours!
I've heard "swole," but I never heard "hench."

Maintaining a "swole" physique has to be very difficult.
I don't think I have the genetics for it.
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

BagelOnAPlate wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 7:05 pm
Swithin wrote: June 2nd, 2024, 4:40 pm
I've heard "swole," but I never heard "hench."

Maintaining a "swole" physique has to be very difficult.
I don't think I have the genetics for it.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Hench
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

I swear I just heard Jacqueline Stewart say that the Hollywood Production Code "took effect in the late 1930's, early 1940's"

These hosts must be on overload, since I remember Stewart saying the exact same time frame for when the minstrel cycle on screen ended. (unfortunately it continued way beyond the early '40's but apparently she didn't know that either)
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

I swear I just heard Jacqueline Stewart say that the Hollywood Production Code "took effect in the late 1930's, early 1940's"

These hosts must be on overload, since I remember Stewart saying the exact same time frame for when the minstrel cycle on screen ended. (unfortunately it continued way beyond the early '40's but apparently she didn't know that either)