Agnes Moorehead

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
Professional Tourist

Re: Agnes Moorehead

Post by Professional Tourist »

Last edited by Professional Tourist on February 17th, 2011, 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JackFavell

Re: Aggie's Place -- Open 24 Hours

Post by JackFavell »

oh king.... :( :( :( :( :(

I love Agnes, she would have been good, but I think Gish is perfect....never too soft. in fact, it makes me wish she had been offered more roles for tough pioneers. There is something iconic about her too that feels right for the movie.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I do understand and I see your point, but man! When she starts her role it's like a sock in the eye - you don't expect Gish to be so harsh.... I just like it. And the porch scene with the shotgun - If it were Aggie or Jo, it wouldn't be nearly so impressive - you would almost expect it of them. The soft/hard in Gish works for me, and it takes everything down to bare bones - good versus evil. You know there is a softness to Mitchum too, which makes the contrast really interesting.

Sorry to take it away from Aggie in her own thread, PT. :D
Professional Tourist

Last edited by Professional Tourist on February 17th, 2011, 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I think Aggie would have been awesome. But I love Gish in the role.....

I wonder what god thinks of Gish.....
Professional Tourist

Last edited by Professional Tourist on January 14th, 2011, 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Professional Tourist

Last edited by Professional Tourist on January 14th, 2011, 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Professional Tourist

Last edited by Professional Tourist on February 20th, 2011, 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Professional Tourist

Last edited by Professional Tourist on January 14th, 2011, 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Erika1712

Post by Erika1712 »

PT...I hope to be able to share The Blue Veil as well as some others of Agnes' films that haven't been released on DVD. I have The Revolt of Mamie Stover that I plan on uploading next. She has a number of scenes in the film. She also wears a terribly harsh blonde wig in it....Ah!! I always look forward to her red hair in colorized movies, so that's my only criticism. She's wonderful as always. :)

I adored that pic in the article you posted on the blog! Thanks so much for finding the wonderful articles.
Professional Tourist

Last edited by Professional Tourist on February 20th, 2011, 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Professional Tourist

Last edited by Professional Tourist on January 14th, 2011, 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Bewitched, co-starring the lovely Agnes has returned to TV Land in the late afternoons. YAY

Have you been ablr to see The Woman in White yet? I saw a newer one so am going to try to watch this one with AM soon. We'll chat! It's one of my favorite books, by Wilkie Collins. A fun kind of Victorian creepy.
Birdy