Hairstyles we love

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
norfious

Re: Hairstyles we love

Post by norfious »

JackFavell wrote:Does anyone remember 'rats'? These were made out of nylon netting or something, and were hair colored, rolled pieces of fuzz your mom stuck under her hair to pouf it up in places. Although my mom never used one, we used to use them in theatre to create hairstyles that needed some oomph.
Ah, I always wondered how those hairstyles were accomplished. I knew there was a secret!

And thanks for the link to the hair tutorials, moirafinnie. I will have to try some of them sometime, when I am not so lazy!
_Broadway_ from the TCM forums.
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Rita's hair is gorgeous in those pictures, one wonders how long she had to sit still to get such a style. I waver much as I like the styles I don't possess enough patience when it comes to my own hair. I love talking style.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

charliechaplinfan wrote:Rita's hair is gorgeous in those pictures, one wonders how long she had to sit still to get such a style. I waver much as I like the styles I don't possess enough patience when it comes to my own hair. I love talking style.
According to my friends ... they told me that its took a long time for Rita to get that Hair in those pictures for that particular ads. They can't recall how much time ... but more than 3 hours for sure and that's a no-brainier for sure. Thanks for your comments ... here Allison.
charliechaplinfan

Wow, I couldn't sit still for 3 hours, I know it was her job but I think we forget just how early these ladies had to get up to get made up and styled for the cameras, it wasn't at all as glamourous as we'd like to think. Still, she looks absolutely stunning.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Happy to assist ... Allison. :)
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I just came across some photos of Joyce Compton, and I have to say, if my hair would stay as perfectly disarrayed as hers, and as without frizz, I would adopt this style in a heartbeat (it also wouldn't hurt to have the gorgeous face, neck and body to go with it).

RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Add a moustache and a sword and she's Zorro!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Joyce Compton ... she is very pretty Jack Favell and thanks for sharing it. Amazing Photos.
charliechaplinfan

Joyce Compton is lovely, thank you for the photos :D