RITA HAYWORTH - The Love Goddess

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
Wayoutwest

Re: RITA HAYWORTH - The Love Goddess

Post by Wayoutwest »

Erik,

I'm new to SSO (3 weeks now) and am just discovering some of the sites other than "Candids" (just found The Lone Ranger site recently and saw you over there; glad your his fan too). Once I get up-to-date on "Candids", there will be more time for me to work through your thread. Lots of work for you, I'm sure--but not unappreciated, even when no comment is left!!

BTW, looks like you'll be in my part of the world soon. I'm in Orange County, smack dab between LA & San Diego (Disneyland's in Orange County but I'm in the beach cities, not inland like Disney).

Safe travels!

WOW
"Always drink upstream from the herd"
Avatar: Clayton Moore putting on a mask--this time for "The Ghost of Zorro"
[i]WOW/Susan[/i]
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Thanks Joe and Wayoutwest for your Sincere Comments ... I do appreciate that very much! :)
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Update from Los Angeles

Well my friend got married and I been up since 5am and its going on 8pm as I attempt to update you guys - I will be cutting in my trip by 2 weeks because my friends in Phoenix are going on a vacation and I will be back around the 2nd week of October instead. I will be sharing 19 new black and white photographs and 1 color upon my return. I will be in Disneyland for tomorrow until Wednesday Night - then off to San Diego for its renowned Zoo and SeaWorld for the weekend - and travel back to Los Angeles for two weeks to visit my hairdresser friends that worked with Rita Hayworth on Cover Girl and this maybe our last trip to see them because I understand that they are doing that well and wanting to spend time with their families on their declining years.

It will be very emotional for me because we been good friends since 1981. So, those two weeks will be special for me and I will be traveling to see Chinese Theatre, Hollywood, and all those treats that Lzcutter been sharing with us for all these years - I will be traveling by myself and enjoying the sights and sounds of Hollywood of Yesteryears. One of the Hairdressers - will be joining me and she will be my guide. So, we will be doing this about 4-5 hours a day - every other day for two weeks.

After that - then off to Phoenix for a week to pick up my pictures and visit my friends there before they go on vacation - for a week and back home for good.

Got to go ... see ya around mid-October!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Tomorrow - Off to the Zoo and Sea World and next week with the Hairdressers from Cover Girl and sights and sounds of LA for one week and then Phoenix and back home. I will be cutting my trip by another 2 weeks to accommodate my friend's request and will be picking up the 20 pictures while I'm there.

I should be home around the 12th to the 14th depending on the airline's schedules that weekend. I'm on standby - to save monies and I have a backup plan with my friends in Phoenix to accommodate my lodging requirements and so forth.

I just had fun in Disneyland since Saturday and it's was a blast - and its wasn't so crowded at all - so I've fun going on rides on Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, and others as well. So, tomorrow off to see the San Diego Zoo, Sea World, and other attractions till Sunday and return back to Los Angeles late Sunday Night to see the Chinese Theatre and meet my dear friends - the Hairdressers from Cover Girl and I will be staying at their home until Friday and off to Phoenix.

It will be emotional for me to see one of them in ill health - and maybe the last time I see her.

They been such good friends and I fortunate to know them since 1981. We exchanged birthday cards, Christmas Cards, and share our love of Rita Hayworth all over again.

Anyway ... I will update you when I get to Phoenix around Sunday and I will be picking up the 20 pictures on Monday and proceed from there.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Upon My Return

I just got an email from my agent that he got six new photographs awaiting at my doorsteps when I come home from vacation and along with the 20 from Phoenix - I will be going to Phoenix tomorrow for a week and come home earlier than expected. Around the 9th or the 10th. I will be sharing 26 new photographs of Rita Hayworth - and some of them (my agent) are very rare photographs indeed.

25 Black and White and 1 Color Stunner - My agent got this Color Stunner and he suggest that I use it as an Avatar when I come back ... Puzzled!
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

Rita Hayworth wrote:I will be traveling by myself and enjoying the sights and sounds of Hollywood of Yesteryears. One of the Hairdressers - will be joining me and she will be my guide. So, we will be doing this about 4-5 hours a day - every other day for two weeks.
This would be fascinating to me. It's also the only way I'd ever be able to truly enjoy a trip to Hollywood, since the classic days of old are what interest me the most, and my family really doesn't share that interest. I'd have to go it alone to really have a satisfying time. Add in your good fortune in knowing these ladies who can join you and give you tales of yore, and it sounds like a dream. I hope you are enjoying yourself and come back to this thread with some tales of your own.
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

mongoII wrote:Yet I feel that those who look in on the thread may enjoy just looking at the pictures as I'm sure they do with your Rita Hayworth thread, as I do.
This would be me; I don't have a lot to say other than to repeat variations of "lovely" and "stunning", so I just look at the pictures. :)
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Incredible Glossy Photograph of Rita Hayworth

Got this from the dealer in Phoenix last Wednesday, and decided to cut short my trip coming home by a few days and share what I got from my recent trip in Los Angeles and Phoenix. This is an incredible glossy photograph of Rita Hayworth during the time that she did Down to Earth back in 1947.

I will leave this photograph up until Halloween. Back home and I had a great trip ...
Attachments
ZGoddess Wow.jpg
ZGoddess Wow.jpg (120.7 KiB) Viewed 4739 times
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

New Photograph Number 1

I got this from that dealership in Phoenix that promised me a photograph of Rita Hayworth at the end of Affair in Trinidad movie of which she wore a beret and talking to Steve (Glenn Ford, his back shown here) Emery.

This is one of the many photograph of Rita that I wanted to get from him.
Attachments
Affair Ending.jpg
Affair Ending.jpg (15.21 KiB) Viewed 4733 times
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

New Photograph Number 2

Candid photograph of Rita Hayworth during the year 1943 getting ready to play a game of Badminton with Friends. Got this photograph from that dealership in Phoenix.
Attachments
Badmiton.jpg
Badmiton.jpg (97.29 KiB) Viewed 4730 times
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

New Photograph Number 3

New Angels Over Broadway Photograph ... its a glamour photograph and what I was told it was Harry Cohn's Favorite Photograph of Rita Hayworth back in 1940.
Attachments
Broadway Sp.jpg
Broadway Sp.jpg (97.43 KiB) Viewed 4726 times
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

New Photograph Number 4

Vacationing in Europe in 1947, a very rare closeup of Rita Hayworth during the time that she was in pre-production on the set of Shanghai and many fans complained of her short hair here. I got this photograph from my agent that he went to New York City to acquire this one for me.

I was very happy to get it.
Attachments
Closeup 47.JPG
Closeup 47.JPG (35.23 KiB) Viewed 4749 times
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

New Photograph Numbers 5 and 6

New Cover Girl Photographs from that dealership in Phoenix ... this a two for one deal and I was happy to get one for free while purchasing another at full price. More coming late Sunday Night ... and I'm happy to be back home and bit tired - and I wanted to share some photographs ... the top photograph is a production photo and the bottom photograph is taking care of an autograph request of a brave US Soldier.

Loved them both.
Attachments
Cover Girl.jpg
Cover Girl.jpg (40.35 KiB) Viewed 4727 times
Cover Girl AG.jpg
Cover Girl AG.jpg (73.19 KiB) Viewed 4723 times
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

New Photograph Number 7

Early Lingerie Photograph here ... of her wearing a Bed Jacket back in 1936 when she was 18 years old ... and this photograph is one of the rarest photographs of her that I have. Got this from the dealership in Phoenix. I was extremely pleased to acquire it.
Attachments
Early Lingerie.JPG
Early Lingerie.JPG (28.54 KiB) Viewed 4726 times
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

New Photograph Number 8

With Marc Platt here ... lovely production photograph of them in Down to Earth ... got this from the dealership in Phoenix.
Attachments
Earth New.jpg
Earth New.jpg (131.42 KiB) Viewed 4713 times