Linda Crystal

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
stuart.uk

Linda Crystal

Post by stuart.uk »

I was just thinking Mark Slade was killed off during the film Voyege To The Bottom Of The Sea, but was brought back for the early episodes of the spin off tv series. His future High Chapperal step mother Linda Crystal also appeared in an early episode.

Linda I don't think was very ambitious as an actress and nearly retired young, just before The High Chapperal came along. However, before that she did 2 films of note The Alamo with John Wayne and with another great James Stewart, The Two Rode Together.

One of the strengths of THC was how Linda's character Victoria bounced of the members of the Cannon household. This gave the show something IMO the more successful and for the most part better, Bonanza lacked. I thought in the 80s and 90s, like with Gunsmoke and to a lesser extent Bonanza, a sequal to THC had potential with Blue and Mono running their respective ranches and Victoria as Big John's attractive young widow.

After the series was canceled I was impressed by Linda as Charles Bronson's love interest and Union mellon grower in Mr. Myjestic. There was also an episode of Glenn Ford's modern western series Cade's County, where she played the wife of disturbed Bobby Darin.