mongoII

Re: CANDIDS II

Post by mongoII »

ROBERT HORTON (1924 - 2016) R.I.P.
Joseph Goodheart
Professional Tourist

Post by Professional Tourist »

A moment at home with Tony Curtis and Janet Leigh.
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Birthday boy Michael Caine and wife Shakira during Sighting at Sherry Netherland Hotel in New York - November 1969.
Shakira is the actress who made Sean Connary bleed, which doomed him in "The Man Who Would Be King".
Joseph Goodheart
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

IBirthday boy and Screen-legend-Michael-Caine-says-his-best-friend-007-actor-Sean-Connery-is-no-longer-in-control-of-his-senses-and-fears-he-is-in-the-grip-of-Alzheimers.
Joseph Goodheart
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
LAWRENCE TIERNEY (1919 - 2002)

GEPRGE BRENT (1904 - 1979)
Joseph Goodheart
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

The birthday boy Lawrence Tierney and handsome Brooklyn native had quit college, worked a series of blue collar jobs and did some catalogue modelling before trying his hand at acting. Walk-ons in minor works such as Government Girl (1943), The Ghost Ship (1943) and Youth Runs Wild (1944) led to his career-defining part – the title role in Max Nosseck’s gritty biopic of the infamous lawbreaker, John Dillinger. Nominated for a Best Screenplay Oscar, the film was a box-office smash and delivered audiences an anti-hero shaded in dark greys and a leading man that refused to conform to the stereotypical middle-American heart-throb.
Incredible but true…: Dillinger had its Chicago premiere at the Biograph Theatre – the same theatre he was attending when gunned down by FBI agents on July 22,1934.
Joseph Goodheart
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Ann Sheridan travels with her husband, birthday boy George Brent
Joseph Goodheart
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

I am sad to read above that Sean Connery may be ill with dementia of some kind but found that Michael Caine later spoke out and said that his 2013 remarks about his friend's health to the German magazine Bild were "twisted."

I liked to think that Sean C. was perfecting his golf game and helping his native Scotland become more prosperous while enjoying his retirement. I did come across a public appearance by S.C. at the U.S. Open tennis tournament in September, 2015 when the 85 year old looked a bit thinner and craggier than previously, but he seemed in good spirits as he followed the matches and acknowledged the crowd with a tip of his hat.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Many thanks for the info regarding Connery, Moira. I'd like to believe that he is doing well.
Joseph Goodheart
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
JERRY LEWIS is 90 today

MERCEDES McCAMBRIDGE (1916 - 2004)

Charles HALTON (1876 - 1959)
Joseph Goodheart
Professional Tourist

Birthday boy Jerry Lewis on the set of "Who's Minding the Store?" spring 1963.
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Joan Crawford and birthday gal Mercedes McCambridge off the set in 1954, making “Johnny Guitar”.
It was reported that Joan and Mercedes fought both on and off camera. One night, in a drunken rage, Crawford scattered the costumes worn by McCambridge along an Arizona highway. Cast and crew had to collect the outfits.
Joseph Goodheart
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

PT, Does that happen to be Agnes Moorehead with Jerry Lewis in that picture you posted?
Joseph Goodheart
Professional Tourist

Joe -- yep. :P

It's a fun movie, if you get a chance to watch it some time. That candid shot is from the big climax scene near the end, where a powerful vacuum cleaner runs amok. In fact, here's that scene:

[youtube][/youtube
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi Joe,

Joan & Mercedes:
I don't know why they didn't get along, as both women were really very nice ladies.
I knew both of them - Joan not so well; but Mercedes very well (she used to baby-sit me)....
I'll just bet these two were goaded into posing together as one can certainly tell that the smiles are strained and forced, especially Mercy, who actually has her teeth clenched!!
Years later, Mercy was still spitting bullets about "MISS CRAWFORD" !!.... I've often seen Bette Davis interviewed and speaking about "MISS CRAWFORD"! also......

But thanks for the lovely picture of Mercy alone. She looks wonderful.
Larry