Myrna Loy

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
Fossy

Myrna Loy

Post by Fossy »

Myrna Loy—2 Aug 1905—14 Dec 1993

I have not collected Myrna Loy movies per se, but it seemed that she appeared in some of my movies, collected because of other actresses I collect. I decided to look more closely at her movies. I find that I have 14 of her movies.

I also found that she appeared in 127 movies (excluding tv series and uncredited roles).

She was the top listed actress in an incredible 63 of these movies, including 17 as the star.

Although she was never nominated for an Oscar, she did receive an honorary Oscar in 1991.

I just may have to pay more attention to her movies.
Rita Hayworth

Re: Myrna Loy

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Myrna Loy Honorary Oscar

[youtube][/youtube]

Short and Sweet - A proud Actress! ... Thanks for remembering her Fossy! :)
Vienna

Post by Vienna »

Thanks for posting that video clip. Lovely to see Myrna getting the Oscar recognition for her long career. I hoped she might say more in her acceptance speech but that wasnt to be.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

She had a great personality. Love that voice! When paired with some of the super leading man, it's often her who charms me. Not Grant, Powell or March.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Vienna wrote:Thanks for posting that video clip. Lovely to see Myrna getting the Oscar recognition for her long career. I hoped she might say more in her acceptance speech but that wasnt to be.

Your Welcome Vienna! :)
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

Myrna Loy swiftly became a favorite of mine after viewing the first Thin Man film. I have since watched everything I could find with her in it and own about 20 of her films. She is such a natural. One of the all time greatest.