MUSINGS, PONDERINGS, RUMINATIONS AND FANCIES

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
Swithin

Re: MUSINGS, PONDERINGS, RUMINATIONS AND FANCIES

Post by Swithin »

HoldenIsHere wrote: April 17th, 2024, 8:09 pm
Bronxgirl48 wrote: April 17th, 2024, 6:10 pm
HoldenIsHere wrote: April 14th, 2024, 9:52 pm

Thanks, Bronnxgirl, for show GREASE 2 the love that it deserves.

I do enjoy it very much, and Maxwell Caulfield was so gorgeous. Who cared if he couldn't act, lol.
Indeed!
Hubba hubba . . .
He had a lovely nude scene in Entertaining Mr. Sloane, which I saw many years ago at the Cherry Lane Theatre.

CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

Swithin wrote: April 18th, 2024, 11:49 am

I do enjoy it very much, and Maxwell Caulfield was so gorgeous. Who cared if he couldn't act, lol.
Indeed!
Hubba hubba . . .
He had a lovely nude scene in Entertaining Mr. Sloane, which I saw many years ago at the Cherry Lane Theatre.

Maxwell Caufield must have enjoyed removing his clothes. On the DVD set for Dynasty II: The Colbys, he admitted in an interview (filmed in 2016) included as a bonus on the set that the producers of the upcoming show were told to go see him in a play to see if he was right for the show, and it was some off-Broadway play with Jessica Tandy that he was fully nude for the entirety of the play.
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

CinemaInternational wrote: April 18th, 2024, 2:28 pm

Indeed!
Hubba hubba . . .

Maxwell Caufield must have enjoyed removing his clothes. On the DVD set for Dynasty II: The Colbys, he admitted in an interview (filmed in 2016) included as a bonus on the set that the producers of the upcoming show were told to go see him in a play to see if he was right for the show, and it was some off-Broadway play with Jessica Tandy that he was fully nude for the entirety of the play.
Looking at the Lortel Archives, which chronicles the credits for off-Broadway shows, I see that the show he did after Entertaining Mr. Sloane was Salonika, with Jessica Tandy, in which he would have been nude. And the show after that was My Night with Reg, in which he played John, a character who also has a nude scene!
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

HoldenIsHere wrote: April 14th, 2024, 9:52 pm

Thanks, Bronnxgirl, for show GREASE 2 the love that it deserves.

Indeed!
Hubba hubba . . .

Oh my goodness....is it hot in here?? We have great taste, Holden!
CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

Swithin wrote: April 18th, 2024, 2:36 pm

Looking at the Lortel Archives, which chronicles the credits for off-Broadway shows, I see that the show he did after Entertaining Mr. Sloane was Salonika, with Jessica Tandy, in which he would have been nude. And the show after that was My Night with Reg, in which he played John, a character who also has a nude scene!
3 in a row. He must have been proud of his body.
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

Indeed!
Hubba hubba . . .

Lucky you, Swithin!

By the way, I just saw PRICK UP YOUR EARS on ScreenPix. Didn't know much if anything about the life of Joe Orton and was very taken with Gary Oldman's performance. Wonderful actor. I love Alfred Molina as well. Both so talented and versatile.
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

Indeed!
Hubba hubba . . .

Poor Jessica. She had to go home to Hume Cronyn.
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

HoldenIsHere wrote: April 17th, 2024, 8:06 pm
NoShear wrote: April 16th, 2024, 8:26 pm

Of film, baseball and the San Fernando Valley, I'm looking forward to the upcoming Paul Thomas Anderson discussion of "THE BAD NEWS Bears" on TCM this Saturday...

Yes! I just mentioned Jackie Earle Haley in another thread.

Gotta love those bad boys with freckles . . .

I like Jackie Earle in BREAKING AWAY, especially his scene at the gas station.
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

CinemaInternational wrote: April 18th, 2024, 3:14 pm

I always envied Juliet Mills.
jamesjazzguitar

Post by jamesjazzguitar »

CinemaInternational wrote: April 18th, 2024, 3:14 pm

More likely the producers couldn't depend on just his acting ability.
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

That reminds me of a review I read about Jude Law's performance in the movie Wilde. Jude Law had been in a play (which I saw) called Les Parents Terribles, by Jean Cocteau, in which he has a nude scene. He then appeared nude in Wilde. In a review in the Spectator, the critic wrote (playing on a famous quote of Wilde's), "Jude Law has nothing to declare but his penis."
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

If I recall correctly there were quite a few famous actors who played Oscar Wilde himself in films about the trials, including Peter Finch and even Robert Morley.
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

Bronxgirl48 wrote: April 18th, 2024, 3:24 pm

Poor Jessica. She had to go home to Hume Cronyn.
As the saying goes, why go out for steak when you have hamburger at home . . .
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

lol, more often than not I go for a good hamburger over any cut of steak.

However, I do draw the line at Hume Cronyn.
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

Bronxgirl48 wrote: April 18th, 2024, 5:53 pm lol, more often than not I go for a good hamburger over any cut of steak.

However, I do draw the line at Hume Cronyn.
Yeah, I'm with you on the hamburger thing.

But I would have to also go with Maxwell Caulfield for the win!