Pinky

mrsl

Re: Pinky

Post by mrsl »

Pinky is a terrific film. I can't imagine Ford directing it at all. For some reason it is too 'obvious' for his talents. He worked more with the subtle nuances of various human emotions rather than the blatant ones. As I've said before, I don't delve too deeply into characterizations, but I love to see posts like Kingrat's wherein he gives such vibrant descriptions of the inner workings of the characters' mind, very much like moira and lz. This is not a movie for young people unless they are very worldly which many of our teens are. Seeing it as a teen, all of those side issues went right over my head. Granted I was a pretty naive kid, but seeing it as an adult, those issues stood out like neon lights. Personally, that is what makes this such a good movie. You must be of a certain age and maturity to understand exactly what is being said, and what is going on. Like Kingrat, if you have not seen this movie except as a teen, next time it is on, give it another try, you will probably enjoy it much more.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************