STAR TREK MOVIE TRAILER

mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Dawtrina:

I find it fascinating that a simple little TV sci-fi program which is nearly 50 years old, has spawned four spin offs, and eleven movies, paved the way for long careers for all of its main character actors, and still today has conventions held in its honor several times a year all over the world, still has people who have the audacity to continue making fun of it. You would think by now they would have found something better to do with their money, not to mention their lives.

But, as I always say, TO EACH HIS OWN !!!

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Ollie

Post by Ollie »

MrsL, I can only tolerate occasional episodes of the original, and watched far fewer of all the various spin-offs. "Not my cuppa tea" is the only reason. But the original episodes when they visit the Gangster Mimic planet are among my most favorite episodes of all-TV.

As for making fun of Star Trek, I think those are always double-edged swords. No matter how silly or dumb or good the TV show may be, the network decision-makers pay for their stupidity all of these subsequent years with every joke. "It may be stupid, but we didn't want to make MORE money off of it, eh?!!" THAT's the real punch-line.