Screwed up - meant to respond to last Stargate poster Ooops

mrsl

Screwed up - meant to respond to last Stargate poster Ooops

Post by mrsl »

I pretty much went ballistic when I learned the Sci-fi channel had cancelled Stargate sg-1 with no warning and no completion as did all the fans on the Sci-fi channel and stargate sg-1 sites. Letters, phone calls, threats, everything you can imagine went on at the time. I vowed never to watch the channel again and I didn't until I discovered Eureka when pktrekgirl told me about it. It really is a fascinating show.

As for the Showtime SG-1 shows, I thought they just cut them up a little for commercial time in the first season. It was so long ago, my memory is not working too well. As for Ben Browder, I never warmed up to him. I saw him as a young guy trying to 'be like Mike', per se'. e.g. trying to be the experienced world weary traveler/doer that RDA was. Also since I never watched Farscape, I didn't know who he was when he came on. Claudia Black - ugh - I couldn't stand her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beau Bridges did well in taking over for Don S. Davis. If they didn't want Daniel to take over for RDA, they should have gotten another smart mouth like Dick, but more his age. Alot of the charm of the show left with RDA, but I thought the rest of the team took over quite nicely.

What angered me was taking situations away from Amanda and giving them to that fake raven haired witch. I didn't see any chemistry between Vala and Daniel at all.

BTW, I went over to the Stargate sg-1 site and learned from the director tha the movie is a continuance. The producers feel they can do more as large screen than they did on the small screen. Sounds like an attempt at imitating Star Trek to me, because let's face it, the darn TV show lasted for 10 years and would have gone on longer if they had let it.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************